Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Believe 507003 has had a small fire at Eastham Rake Station this morning.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/04/2021 10:04)T42 PVM Wrote:  Believe 507003 has had a small fire at Eastham Rake Station this morning.

Yes, it looks like it was underneath, possibly on the shoe gear
Find all posts by this user
The next 777 to be brought over is due on 5 May.
It’s 002, one of the two at Wildenrath test track and it has “long range “ battery power as opposed to emergency battery power which the ones already in the UK have.
(20/04/2021 18:21)507022 Wrote:  The next 777 to be brought over is due on 5 May.
It’s 002, one of the two at Wildenrath test track and it has “long range “ battery power as opposed to emergency battery power which the ones already in the UK have.

I assume that will be parked at Warrington?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/04/2021 19:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  I assume that will be parked at Warrington?

If 002 comes over with the heavier duty battery , one of the existing units will be moved probably to Warrington to make way for the testing that 002 will undertake with that battery.
Would I be right in saying that depending on which line the testing was taking place, the 3rd rail power would be shut down so that the battery testing could take place or will the 3rd rail power be left on in case there was a problem with the battery system therefore allowing the unit to continue testing on the 3rd rail
It would be tested in two ways total isolation and with power in the third rail . They will need to be able to restart under the most extreme conditions in last mile set up from leeds Street Bank and the River Bed , two of the most steep climbs on the network .

The other climbs that will get looked at is the Green lane bank and the climb from Liverpool Central - St James (Baltic Triangle area)Hunts Cross bound .
(20/04/2021 21:31)wirralbus Wrote:  If 002 comes over with the heavier duty battery , one of the existing units will be moved probably to Warrington to make way for the testing that 002 will undertake with that battery.

The loco will probably take one to Warrington after it’s dropped 002 off at Kirkdale as has happened on the last one or two deliveries.
The third rail will charge the batteries, which will give a range of about 30 miles - ideal for when the Merseyrail network expands (Burscough, Headbolt Lane or Skelmersdale)
(21/04/2021 08:59)507022 Wrote:  The loco will probably take one to Warrington after it’s dropped 002 off at Kirkdale as has happened on the last one or two deliveries.
The third rail will charge the batteries, which will give a range of about 30 miles - ideal for when the Merseyrail network expands (Burscough, Headbolt Lane or Skelmersdale)
Is Headbolt Lane going to be electrified or will it be a battery operation?
(21/04/2021 15:45)iMarkeh Wrote:  Is Headbolt Lane going to be electrified or will it be a battery operation?

The plan is to electrify it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)