Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside Transport Trust
RE: Merseyside Transport Trust
(13/09/2015 13:01)wirralbus Wrote:  But without the kindness of someone reproducing these details people would have been none the wiser if there was any feeders operating. A little forethought for people who are not FB users would be useful.

If their Facebook page was open to none-users (as Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours is), it would help to get the info out to a wider public.

Fantastic day after this minor niggle. Highlight for me was St Helens AEC Swift 248 doing a duplicate H1 journey from Mann Island to South Parkway with Crosville ERG 52 - superb. Also good to see what appears to be recently preserved Ribble Atlantean 1397 out today and I managed to get a decent picture of it compared to last week when the vehicle was positioned against the sun at Heaton Park (which I know is the way things work at that event).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/09/2015 13:01)wirralbus Wrote:  But without the kindness of someone reproducing these details people would have been none the wiser if there was any feeders operating. A little forethought for people who are not FB users would be useful.

Well done to all at the Merseyside Transport Trust for another fantastic day. No complaints from me I knew that all information was available in your programme that was available in advance. I don't know how you are able to present so many fantastic vehicles on such a limited budget. Keep up the good work . Here's to next year. Great support from the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Trust , North West Vehicle Restoration Trust , 201 guys etc. Sorry if I have missed anyone
(13/09/2015 22:52)Nickd7018 Wrote:  Well done to all at the Merseyside Transport Trust for another fantastic day. No complaints from me I knew that all information was available in your programme that was available in advance. I don't know how you are able to present so many fantastic vehicles on such a limited budget. Keep up the good work . Here's to next year. Great support from the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Trust , North West Vehicle Restoration Trust , 201 guys etc. Sorry if I have missed anyone

Even if it is £5 not everyone can buy the programme in advance, others like myself buy the programme on the day, so it would be nice to list feeder routes so all can view them not those signed up to the site..

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I'm pretty sure in the past the feeder routes were posted on the MTT's website too, seems like an omission this time, for whatever reason.

Can't please all of the people all of the time I suppose.

SD.
(13/09/2015 19:13)MTL0201 Wrote:  Really did enjoy the day, only nitpick was driver on 0238 on the 10.55am 84 taking an age, to get back to South Parkway due to taking an extended break at Speke Hall & stopping on the lane to the Hall to take photos[no one else did] then to have a chat with the driver of another bus going to Speke Hall, just got back in time for the minibus M2, but some others on 0238 missed the connection they were planning to get.

While it was no doubt annoying, the owner of 238 agreed at short notice to allow his bus to be used to cover a shortage, I'm pretty sure he was the driver too. Had he not agreed the journey (and two subsequent ones) might not have run.

SD.
Special free bus service being laid on by MTT on Friday for Liverpool LightNight, buses every 10 minutes from 6pm until 11pm starting from Mann Island timetable is here. http://mttrust.co.uk/#

Anyone know what kind of service if any that MTT are putting on from Ormskirk on Sunday for the open day?

Just been reading due to building work Liverpool South Parkway isn't being used as one of the main terminus for the running day on 11th September.

Has MTT still got Birkenhead Atlantean 159 and signs of it getting restored?
Former Southport Corporation Leyland National 4 YFY4M (later MPTE 6045) is now at MTT Burscough for preservation.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)