Current time: 16/04/2024, 21:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GB Railfreight
RE: GB Railfreight
(07/02/2024 11:22)mikestone Wrote:  6M08 was 60095 on 03.19 Drax-Liverpoool Bulk Terminal and 6M77 60076 01.39 from Drax - all available from http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk.
;
To my mind the interesting part was the routing via Copy Pit - and that a path was activated at 06.10 to go back to Sudforth Lane from Todmorden, but 11 minutes later they had seemingly decided to go forward via Copy Pit, the seemingly sudden change perhaps explaining the three minute allowance from Blackburn to Farington Jcn!

I’ve never seen these routed via Copy Pit and Blackburn before, especially with the long climb involved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Operational convenience because the rescue loco was on the East end - I'd have thought there would be considerable discussion but the information I saw suggests Preston PSB plucked the idea from thin air!
;
I rather suspect the idea may have come from the driver.
Very interesting routing. Obviously used the Todmorden curve. Yes Copy Pit was an interesting route to take but a Class 60 with empty wagons should have no problems. Having done the route a few times on 150s and 195s in recent times it is an interesting journey to Burnley Manchester Road.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
It seems that the East Mids to Seaforth liner train has not run for several weeks now. When I’ve seen it in the past, it has been very lightly loaded so maybe that flow has finished now.
60085 has been named "Snowden". The nameplates are in a style fitted to Class 44 locomotives.

69003 is currently at Tuebrook to assist biomass trains up the steep gradients out of the docks.

(19/02/2024 19:08)childwallblues Wrote:  69003 is currently at Tuebrook to assist biomass trains up the steep gradients out of the docks.

Replaced 69007 which had been there for several weeks
69009 has been named "Western Consort" a name formerly attached to Western Class loco D1065 which was withdrawn in November 1976. 69009 is in a red livery reminiscent of that carried by D1065 when delivered. 69009 was the former 56065, the 65 giving the connection for reuse of the name,

69008 has been named Richard Howe

60095 has been names Whernside, a name previously carried by 44006.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)