Current time: 25/04/2024, 11:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!)
I think smaller parties will stand a good chance of gaining more popularity over the next few years for 2 reasons:

1. There is little difference in policies in the main 3 parties.

2. No one will trust the Lib Dems given their performance as part of the Tory led coalition. Remember only 30% of the cuts have taken effect at present, so when the full package has happened they will be the one's to bite the bullet and take a political hammering (just look at the last 2 rounds of local elections for evidence of this).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The thing is all the parties have there true red , blue and orange areas in this country , its those marginal seats probably around 100 that give the governing party its majority or the largest party in parliament .

I think the public will not want another coalition after the way this one has or hasnt worked to date .
(27/07/2012 05:39)wirralbus Wrote:  So you mean the likes of Macclesfield and those places out in deepest East Cheshire are the one that could start seeing there support away to the likes of UK£P

Indeed, and also the middle-class commuter 'villages' on the Wirral, but not enough for UKIP to make any significant inroads as they would vote for a cardboard box if it was wearing a blue rosette.

Instead, I suspect UKIP's main targets will be the band of constituencies adjoining the M25 ring in the home counties and south east where they at least have some organisation on the ground.

Another factor is how political parties are funded as the current system favours the status quo whilst some element of publiuc funding would give smaller and regional parties a fairer chance of mounting effective campaigns.
So there could be a Conservative / Lib Dem masterplan to get the Labour Party back into power before the General Election which happens on 7 May 2015 therefore allowing Labour and Co to see what they can do to the economy .

Its either spend spend and spend with the labour or save save and save with the conservatives .

If you keep spending it has to be paid back somehow and when do they intend to do that , that is the question that is being asked , look at the ill economies around the world that have just kept on spending and spending.
Nah, two drowning men clinging together to the bitter end in the hope something will turn- up and save them.
I see a general election before 2015 , but this will be a general election with a difference , as this will be only to the balance of this parliament , not five years .

This will be a clever ploy by the Conservatives to see what the others can do .
It seems that Gideon is rapidly running out of time, and friends;

It isn't working.
Well its not working anywhere so why should it work here .

Europe is a minefield and we could be seeing the end of the EURO because of France and Germany .

This recession would have finished a while if there had not been a EURO crisis , the EURO crisis dragged us backwards .
I can second guess where these Autumn cuts will come and it certainly affect the millionaires and the bankers - I expect benefits to take another hit - I do feel as though we are being run by the rich mafia.
(28/08/2012 13:38)wirralbus Wrote:  Well its not working anywhere so why should it work here .

Europe is a minefield and we could be seeing the end of the EURO because of France and Germany .

This recession would have finished a while if there had not been a EURO crisis , the EURO crisis dragged us backwards .

First it was all the last Government's fault , then it was the weather, next the extra bank holidays, now its the Euro - who will Gideon and his cheerleaders try and deflect the blame onto next as he is running out of scapegoats?

Yes, the Euro is a mess but the economies of France, Germany or the Dutch and Scandinavians aren't tumbling into even deeper recession or cutting services and increasing tax for the poorest members of their society whilst letting the richest 10% pay even less tax and hide their stash in some offshore narco-haven - assisted by our banks and bean counters.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)