Current time: 24/04/2024, 05:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!)
if vote numbers keep going up we might just find out if they will do a good job or not but right now am 100 percent behind them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/07/2012 21:21)mbonwick Wrote:  Idealist, blue sky thinking is all very well but life just doesn't work like that.
This, a million times over.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
BBB - remind me again which party is was that opposed/opposes the building of any more nuclear powerstations in this country, yet cannot come up with an answer on how to plug the energy gap without nuclear?

Oh, that's right, the Greens. Gosh, not even good on their home territory of the environment.
Its easy for the Greens to be idealistic in opposition, especially as they and the electorate know that there isn't a cat in hell's chance of them ever actually being in power.

Best chance they have is a hung parliament with their penny packet number of seats giving them a greatly exaggerated bargining position with the major parties. Always ends in tears though
10 years from now they will probs be 3rd biggest party with 3rd biggest losing voters and green gaining voters

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
I honestly cannot see the Greens ever overtaking the Lib Dems for 3rd place.

Not when the Lib Dems have quite a few 'safe' constituencies - mine of Westmorland & Lonsdale being an example.
take a look at last 3 ellection results and compare, pattern is gap is getting smaller

The Greens only won their first seat in the House of Commons in 2010, so I fail to see what the last 3 results have to do with it.
They got just 265,000 ish votes, compare that to 6.8million for the Lib Dems. That's 0.9% vs 23% of the vote.

Enough said.
(26/07/2012 22:52)mbonwick Wrote:  I honestly cannot see the Greens ever overtaking the Lib Dems for 3rd place.

Not when the Lib Dems have quite a few 'safe' constituencies - mine of Westmorland & Lonsdale being an example.

Indeed - outside student/university seats such as Brighton and Norwich the Greens have Bob Hope chance of winning seats under current system.

Main threat is the right in shape of UKIP - drawing-away a % of the little englander wing of the Tory support - not in rural areas as EU subsidies are propping up farming, but possible in outer surburban commuter constituencies where the believe what they read in the Daily 'Hate' Mail about welfare scroungers, Eurocrats running the country and immigrants hiding under the hedgerows.
So you mean the likes of Macclesfield and those places out in deepest East Cheshire are the one that could start seeing there support away to the likes of UK£P

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)