Current time: 25/04/2024, 15:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
At the start of September, most dupes were operated by Megabus, but as the requirement for actual Megabus services has increased, more and more are being operated by regular Stagecoach vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/04/2021 20:49)joe_alker Wrote:  At the start of September, most dupes were operated by Megabus, but as the requirement for actual Megabus services has increased, more and more are being operated by regular Stagecoach vehicles.
Well I would think they can use Magic buses as it looking clear they not going to pick up much on uni routes now that much to need them.
(01/05/2021 00:49)Mrboo Wrote:  Well I would think they can use Magic buses as it looking clear they not going to pick up much on uni routes now that much to need them.

I have seen several 142s and 143s running bus full along Oxford Road in recent weeks so wouldn't be so sure until the Summer at least.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/05/2021 00:49)Mrboo Wrote:  Well I would think they can use Magic buses as it looking clear they not going to pick up much on uni routes now that much to need them.

Stagecoach are running pretty much a normal timetable on all services now, even Magic Bus so I dont think theres any spares hence why Megabuses are being uses on dupes.

Remember capacity is still circ 32 on a double decker so I have seen lots of bus full services at certain times of the day on Oxford Road so the buses are needed.
(07/05/2021 23:02)Manc93 Wrote:  Stagecoach are running pretty much a normal timetable on all services now, even Magic Bus so I dont think theres any spares hence why Megabuses are being uses on dupes.

Remember capacity is still circ 32 on a double decker so I have seen lots of bus full services at certain times of the day on Oxford Road so the buses are needed.

Going by Bus times tracking there a number if magic buses not working on magic bus routes and many not seen since April. I would think the ADL Enviro400 are now spares. but some still being used in service. as they should have the ADL Enviro400h for oxford road.
(08/05/2021 15:10)Mrboo Wrote:  Going by Bus times tracking there a number if magic buses not working on magic bus routes and many not seen since April. I would think the ADL Enviro400 are now spares. but some still being used in service. as they should have the ADL Enviro400h for oxford road.

It's already been stated several times that Bustimes isn't 100% accurate

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(08/05/2021 15:10)Mrboo Wrote:  Going by Bus times tracking there a number if magic buses not working on magic bus routes and many not seen since April. I would think the ADL Enviro400 are now spares. but some still being used in service. as they should have the ADL Enviro400h for oxford road.

So and spend a few hours on oxford road and see for yourself how busy it is instead of watching bus times all day which tells you nothing about what’s actually going on out there.
(08/05/2021 16:11)Mayneway Wrote:  So and spend a few hours on oxford road and see for yourself how busy it is instead of watching bus times all day which tells you nothing about what’s actually going on out there.
They have the older magic buses and then the newer ones they don't need all on oxford road even with full timetable. Buses are now running at 50% loads plus now with no dupes on some routes. and it only advisory with some firms not bothering now. and yes it wrong but R rate is going down.

Stagecoach would remove the old magic buses if they did not have work for them and most of this is dupes or school services. we are not far off the summer now and then they use the magic buses on Rail / tram replacement or as MOT cover.

Stagecoach has agreed to send 5 megabus coaches to Yellow bus for new routes so they have to be ok. dont know if they are ones from Manchester
The former Magicbuses which are still in the old Magicbus livery are all based at different depots now so can't all be used on current Magicbus routes now, I know of at least one that is currently allocated to Wigan Depot and not to sure whether Middleton Depot have still got one or a few in their fleet although they might have been repainted now.

As for the current Hybrid Enviro400 Magicbus fleet I know these have now took over as being the spare buses that are primarily used on Magic duties but are now used on Metrolink Replacement duties as and when needed.
(09/05/2021 07:29)M60lad Wrote:  The former Magicbuses which are still in the old Magicbus livery are all based at different depots now so can't all be used on current Magicbus routes now, I know of at least one that is currently allocated to Wigan Depot and not to sure whether Middleton Depot have still got one or a few in their fleet although they might have been repainted now.

As for the current Hybrid Enviro400 Magicbus fleet I know these have now took over as being the spare buses that are primarily used on Magic duties but are now used on Metrolink Replacement duties as and when needed.

Yes Stockport currently has quite a few either at the depot or at the park and ride.
19178/80 191 199
221/23 19266
Maybe one or two more. So quite a few still in old livery waiting on repaints doing other duties.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)