Current time: 24/04/2024, 15:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
No criteria mate! What is meant by your application being successful/unsuccessful is that your membership application may not be successful if for example the membership form doesn't contain all the information required or something like that, you aren't going to be rejected membership if you don't plan to come up and help out or if you are just joining to help out a good cause! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Progress on Volvo Olympian N302 CKB is now progressing at a steady pace, the interior saloon carpeting has now been re-fitted.

[attachment=89]

Plus additional seating has been sourced and the rear of the bus including the engine bay flap is soon to be re-fitted leaving only a small number of jobs to be done to get it at least road worthy.

[attachment=88]

I've attached views from Saturday however progress has already gone much further than this photo shows.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Correct Tom. Back end was all fixed up today by our resident coach builder Phil so painting will recommence asap while wating for the bonnet to be refitted. Handrails were painted by myself and the owner today also. Some seat swapping took place again with myself and Mr smith on Sunday to refit seats with the grey sides instead of the mtl fabric.
Titan 2122 was deep cleaned yesterday in preperation for Heaton Park so some seat fitting was done on that today whilst the wheels were painted
(27/08/2012 19:53)K853 MTJ Wrote:  No criteria mate! What is meant by your application being successful/unsuccessful is that your membership application may not be successful if for example the membership form doesn't contain all the information required or something like that, you aren't going to be rejected membership if you don't plan to come up and help out or if you are just joining to help out a good cause! Smile

Excellent to hear, cheers to you & Nicholas.......shall apply to join then, am sure I can help out from time to time in some small way!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
NWVRT was represented in fine form today at the annual Trans Lancs Transport Show at Heaton Park, Manchester. Vehicles in attendance were MTL 6592 N592 CKA, MTL 2122 CUL 122V, Maynes SNC 365X, GMT 81 HNE 641N, Ribble 831 DBV 831W and also Warrington Corporation EED 8. Excellent day had by all, was quite a sight to be seen driving down the East lacns with also SM&SL P330 AYJ joining the convoy to the rally, and even bumping it buses from the MTT along the way!
Titan 2122 made the trip over to Helms of Eastham today to pick up some spares to assist with the restoration of vehicles. Any of you in Queen Square about 4ish today will have seen it go through (Much to the confusion of passengers and drivers alike!) showing route 21!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Latest arrival at Kirkby is newly preserved Arriva 3137 MX12 KVM!
I joke of course, however it is a temporary resident for all of a day! Picked up this morning, me, Jordan (J654) and owner of 6592 2122 etc Mr Rowlands have been working hard in cleaning the vehicle up ready to represent Arriva at the annual Bus Driver of the Year event in Blackpool this weekend. The bus is now spotless, with the exterior washed waxed and polished, the interior brushed hoovered scrubbed and polished, it will certainly look the part! Heres a picture before the exterior was waxed and polished (Yes it does look even better now!)

RIP 96 - YNWA
(07/09/2012 21:34)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Latest arrival at Kirkby is newly preserved Arriva 3137 MX12 KVM!
I joke of course, however it is a temporary resident for all of a day! Picked up this morning, me, Jordan (J654) and owner of 6592 2122 etc Mr Rowlands have been working hard in cleaning the vehicle up ready to represent Arriva at the annual Bus Driver of the Year event in Blackpool this weekend. The bus is now spotless, with the exterior washed waxed and polished, the interior brushed hoovered scrubbed and polished, it will certainly look the part! Heres a picture before the exterior was waxed and polished (Yes it does look even better now!)

How come Arriva didnt do this job in house
James is driving it up to the event, so it's his responsibility to clean it up and get it looking immaculate along with the help of volunteers, thats what I gather anyway, needless to say it's got the job done and very well done at that!

RIP 96 - YNWA
looks like 2800 been replaced then, not shocked as that bus is not as good as it once was

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)