Current time: 18/04/2024, 00:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
I'd like to chirp in and say thanks for the info regarding 5309 too. I assume it's been having chassis work undertaken by Helms?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I am looking forward to seeing 0062 fully restored, anybody know what Livery it is going in.
As said before nothing much is going on with 5309 as of yet, had a bit of work done, overall its very tidy so it's going to be a case of rub it down and paint it hopefully.
Not 100% on 0062 mate, at a guess I would possibly say Verona and Cream, don't quote me on it though, that is an educated guess!
Woodvale has been a great weekend for us, all the buses thankfully performed with not one single problem, including 7227 after a while off the road! As Jordan said all efforts are going to be concentrated on 0302 not and getting that done. Next rally appearance for the group will be at Heaton Park in Manchester Smile
(30/07/2012 11:47)K853 MTJ Wrote:  As said before nothing much is going on with 5309 as of yet, had a bit of work done, overall its very tidy so it's going to be a case of rub it down and paint it hopefully.
Not 100% on 0062 mate, at a guess I would possibly say Verona and Cream, don't quote me on it though, that is an educated guess!
Woodvale has been a great weekend for us, all the buses thankfully performed with not one single problem, including 7227 after a while off the road! As Jordan said all efforts are going to be concentrated on 0302 not and getting that done. Next rally appearance for the group will be at Heaton Park in Manchester Smile

I had 2 rides on 7227 and they were superb fantastic bus! i remember fondly riding it when it was at speke back in merseybus days.
After an excellent weekend at the Woodvale Rally (minus a rough night's sleep on a Volvo B10M for me) the event was superb, there certainly was an excellent selection of vehicles on both days with buses alternating onto different routes at different times of the day, I think this photo sums it all up at the end of the weekend.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharrison/7684083228/

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Dan it is in Verona and Cream, saw a breif pic the other day and it looks spot on
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A great day was spent at PVS Barnsley yesterday where me and 2 others volunteers went up there to strip any remaining MTL Palatines for various parts, particularly seats. It was a successful day, apart from the fact that the only such Palatine there was 3273, all others (3278/3284/3304 to name just 3) are now no more apart from a row of seats dumped in the middle of the yard presumably off 3304! All the same it was not a wasted trip and we managed to get the majority of parts we were after!
The rear end has been prepared to be taken off, all that's left now is to make sure we are going to be able to get it back on before even beginning to think about taking it off to allow work to be done, allowing a new engine cover to be attached.
MPTE 0031 is also progressing well, with some replacement seats sourced, 1 or 2 new windows fitted and the correct destination panel fitted. That along with a quick scrub has really improved it's appearance.

Recent arrival is ex Burnley and Pendle E66 JFV, a Volvo B10M with Alexander P Type bodywork, last with Rigbys Coaches of Blackburn.
To note, MPTE 0031 has a set of Lothian Standard red leatherette seats as aposed to the MTL and Teddy Bear it had when arrived, or the original brown MPTE ones.

Prossible MOT and partial repaint as well as repairs such as air leaks are hoped be done before October
Just a quick question, what is the criteria for joining the NWVRT as I see on the membership page that there is a bit about your application being successful/unsuccessful? As I may be interested in joining purely as an enthusiast (don't own a vehicle or have any particular skills in bus maintaining........)

Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
If you are just joining as an enthusiast who wishes to support the Trust, then there should not be a problem with your application. A lot of the members will have joined in a similar manner, myself included.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)