Current time: 24/04/2024, 18:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
(25/07/2012 20:06)K853 MTJ Wrote:  This weekend will see a varied selection of our vehicles head over to Southport to operate free bus services for all those attending the re-located Woodvale Rally.
A Park and Ride will be operating between the rally site at Victoria Park and Birkdale Golf Club, where there is ample space to park your car and treat yourself to a ride on one of our superbly restored vehicles!
We will also be operating a free service to Southport Rail station, linking the rally site with Merseyrail trains that directly serve Hunts Cross, Liverpool South Parkway, Liverpool City Centre, and Bootle, and National Rail trains that serve Wigan and Manchester. It also links with buses operating to Lord Street, a short walk from the station.
So why not pay a visit to the event and see some of the attractions and entertainment the venue has to offer, or even just come along and have a ride on some of the finest vehicles the preservation scene has to offer!
We hope to see you all there!

Might be going with my mrs to the show and will certainly look to take a ride on one of the restored buses as I missed the running day in May, just hope it is a nice day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I forgot to add, that this weekend will see one of our vehicles out and about operating services in its local area for the first time since preservation, I of course refer to MTL North 6592 N592 CKA, I know that its popular among a few members on here! Other MTL favorites operating include 2122 CUL 122V, 1055 A135 HLV, 0238 F238 YTJ, and after a period off the road, 7227 L227 TKA returns.
Other vehicles operating include OBU 163F, an Oldham Coporation Leyland Atlantean with the unusual Roe bodywork, freshly repainted KHCT 718 M718 KRH (Volvo B10M/Northern Counties) DBV 831W (Leyland National 2), preserved in Ribble condition and of course the old favourite, Liverpool Corporation L255 VKB 711 (Leyland PD2/Crossley).

Hopefully it will be a nice weekend MPTE, were operating services on the Saturday and Sunday so hopefully the weather will be nice enough to bring people out!
hi whats going on with P309 HEM? its not on the website or at least i cant find it under MTL/merseybus anyway

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Last I heard on 5309 was it's still at Helms but is not priority at the moment due to the owner wanting to get his other bus (Metrobus 0062) ready. Nice to see so many NWVRT buses in Southport today, really did brighten up the scene!

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Its not on the main listing at the moment but is on the news page. I think the vehicle is at Kirkby and is being restored into Merseybus livery.

Edit: Maybe not as V671 has mentioned - I could have swore I've seen it down at Kirkby!
It has been down at Kirkby a few times I believe, but I think it rotates so it get can get work done at Helms and stored at Kirkby (I think that's what it is anyway, i'm sure a Kirkby regular will be able to confirm!)

Thanks for clearing that up - its been a couple of months since I was last down at Kirkby
thanks for the information fellas

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Its currently in Kirkby and as 0062s restoration ends work will start on 5309s repaint
(28/07/2012 19:24)J654UHN Wrote:  Its currently in Kirkby and as 0062s restoration ends work will start on 5309s repaint

Cheers for clearing that up mate, much appreicated. Smile Can't wait to see 5309 done myself, another great MTL vehicle preserved for future generations.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)