Current time: 29/03/2024, 06:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ScotRail
RE: ScotRail
ScotRail will not run any services on the following routes from the start of service on Friday 9 January until approximately 16:00.

Inverness - Wick / Kyle of Lochalsh

Trains will not run between Inverness and Wick / Kyle of Lochalsh. Because of the anticipated poor road conditions replacement buses will not run. Passengers with advance tickets for travel on this route on Friday 9 or Saturday 10 January may travel today instead.

Glasgow Queen Street - Oban / Fort William / Mallaig

Trains will not run between Glasgow Queen Street and Oban / Fort William / Mallaig. Because of the anticipated poor road conditions replacement buses will not run. Passengers with advance tickets for travel on this route on Friday 9 or Saturday 10 January may travel today instead.

Inverness - Aberdeen

Trains will not run between Inverness and Aberdeen. Because of the anticipated poor road conditions replacement buses will not run. Passengers with advance tickets for travel on this route on Friday 9 or Saturday 10 January may travel today instead.

Helensburgh Central - Dumbarton Central

Buses will replace trains between Dumbarton Central and Helensburgh Central.

Glasgow Central - Largs / Ardrossan Harbour

Trains between Glasgow Central and Largs / Ardrossan Harbour will only run between Glasgow Central and Kilwinning. Buses will replace trains between Kilwinning and Largs / Ardrossan Harbour.

ScotRail Sleeper Services

The overnight sleeper from London Euston to Fort William on Thursday night / Friday morning and from Fort William to London Euston on Friday evening / Saturday morning will only run between London Euston and Edinburgh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It seems the weather gods are preparing to wreak some revenge on Scotland once again with services to Kyle of lochalsh , Fort William and Oban the worst affected of the routes.

Services from Kilwinning to Largs and also from Dumbarton Central to Helensburgh Central will also be affected as well , with buses replacing trains where it is safe to do so.
170421-24 have left Scotrail and transferred to Southern Trains. They are to reformed as two and four trains and renumbered in the Class 171 series.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
With credit to RailUK ScotRail's Class 156 unit 156478 has been written off. It is the first unit of its class to be withdrawn
(30/06/2015 16:19)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  With credit to RailUK ScotRail's Class 156 unit 156478 has been written off. It is the first unit of its class to be withdrawn

Has it been damaged in an accident, or is it just a routine withdrawal?
Think it got flooded

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not previously reported on this forum was the accident to 156478 which hit a flood near Mauchline whilst working the 2212 Glasgow Central to Carlisle on 21 December 2014. Despite attempts to repair the unit the damage was so severe that the unit has been withdrawn. This was one of the units fitted with RETB equipment for working the West Highland line.

It has been reported as that was the last subject on conversation in this feed

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/07/2015 12:10)bolton bus basher Wrote:  It has been reported as that was the last subject on conversation in this feed

Yes I have noted that and apologies to the posters.
At least I have put in some details not previously recorded.

I didn't know that 156478 had been involved in an incident with Flood water.

The unit must have hit the flood water at some force to make it uneconomical to repair .

The 156 units are getting to that age where significant damage may see them get withdrawn than repaired .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)