Current time: 20/05/2024, 04:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cheshire East options for how to spend £3.45m
Cheshire East options for how to spend £3.45m
Option 1. Nantwich flexible service change.
Option 2. 391/392 enhancement between Middlewood and Stockport
Option 3. Borough wide Flexilink open to all residents

Plus additional question asking about whether there should be:
Increased frequency on existing routes.
Changes to existing routes.
Additional evening services.
Additional weekend services.

With a text field allowing you to give further info.

https://files.smartsurvey.io/3/0/2SLH8VO..._FINAL.pdf

Interestingly they list the 89 as one of the best performing contracted bus services. I don't know if that's because it's contracted with the 88, but if not surely enhancing the 89 should be a priority.

The 312 is listed as one of the worst performing, which isn't exactly a surprise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Cheshire East options for how to spend £3.45m
I'd suggest option 3 is best of the available ones. If done well it could help people across the borough access employment and other services that aren't accessible using public transport, or where using public transport would make a difficult journey.
RE: Cheshire East options for how to spend £3.45m
I've updated the original post after completing the survey. The press release gave the impression it was a survey to determine the best of three options, but from completing the survey it sounds like those 3 options were already on the table and the additional funding will go on other services.

I suggested consistent hourly 88 Altrincham to Macclesfield, removing the long gaps at times, to make it easier for people to attend appointments at Macclesfield Hospital and to make commuting easier.

Then review the 89 to ensure it accommodates the needs of pupils travelling to and from Knutsford Academy. There was talk of an additional morning journey pre-COVID for that purpose. However, that was dropped and the mid afternoon journey from Knutsford to Northwich was also withdrawn.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)