Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
I noticed the workings for the vehicle which does the Knutsford journeys on the 47 includes some CAT5 workings and it seems a couple of times a week it gets a CAT MMC or one of the equivalent MMCs that doesn't CAT branding but other days it doesn't. I've noticed YY67 USH has done those workings on a number of days, including today and noticed on other days that vehicle has done other sets of workings which include a few CAT journeys but include journeys on non-CAT services as well.

I was wondering have some of the Enviro 200s gone in to the same pool as some of the MMCs so it's lucky dip which ones get the MMCs and which ones get the standard Enviros each day?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Changes from Monday 17th May, including a seemingly bizarre timetable for the 19/28 which provides services arriving in/departing from Leigh every half-hour Monday to Friday but the two services not being anything like hourly each:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...m-17th-may
(13/05/2021 12:44)Valandil Wrote:  Changes from Monday 17th May, including a seemingly bizarre timetable for the 19/28 which provides services arriving in/departing from Leigh every half-hour Monday to Friday but the two services not being anything like hourly each:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...m-17th-may

It's not quite fully half-hourly combined as there are gaps, so it looks like they've basically slotted extras where they can into the current temporary M-F timetable to maintain continuity. Acording to whoever mans their Facebook page, the service steps up to normal on 7th June.

Jeff
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A new/modified app and website are coming soon:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...w-features

Slightly confusing because it says "new app" but also "same great app, exciting new features" - I guess all will become clear soon.
Many operators seem to use the same basic app as each other, just with different customisations to make it their own. I know Transdev and Blackpool Transport use the same ‘template’ app as WOB, but with more features, like a live map (showing what bus is tracking on the service) and journey planning. So I think they’re just adding features to the app they have.

If it is a brand new app though, can’t be worse than Arriva’s flop of an update last year...
It appears that Warrington have obtained more ex London Enviro400s LK58 CNV & LK57 AXF are now here
(25/05/2021 16:41)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Many operators seem to use the same basic app as each other, just with different customisations to make it their own. I know Transdev and Blackpool Transport use the same ‘template’ app as WOB, but with more features, like a live map (showing what bus is tracking on the service) and journey planning. So I think they’re just adding features to the app they have.

If it is a brand new app though, can’t be worse than Arriva’s flop of an update last year...

It's called white labelling. It'll mean when the app provider does an update it will apply to every operator but there will be the option for operators to turn off features they don't want to use so that customers only see the features they want to make available.

There would also be the option of WOB changing app provider, which would result in a completely different app.
(27/05/2021 20:55)darylyates17 Wrote:  It appears that Warrington have obtained more ex London Enviro400s LX58 CNV & LK57 AXF are now here

That'll actually be LK58CNV, not LX.
(28/05/2021 09:47)EDB325 Wrote:  
(27/05/2021 20:55)darylyates17 Wrote:  It appears that Warrington have obtained more ex London Enviro400s LX58 CNV & LK57 AXF are now here

That'll actually be LK58CNV, not LX.

Ah yes I never noticed that typo corrected it now
Service changes from 7th June, with more services going back to pre-Covid levels Monday to Friday:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...s-7th-june

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)