Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chaserider
Chaserider
(08/01/2021 17:49)knutstransport Wrote:  Day/week ticket prices for Chaserider:

All Chaserider routes
including D&G Bus services 14 and 841 within Stafford
1 day - £6.30 adult / £4.10 child
7 days - £25 adult / £18 child

Cannock and Stafford zone
including service 2 to Walsall D&G Bus 14 and 841 within Stafford
1 day - £4.20 adult / £3.80 child
7 days - £15.50 adult / £11 child

Lichfield and Burntwood zone
1 day - £4.20 adult / £3.50 child
7 days - £15 adult / £12.50 child

(07/01/2021 11:15)knutstransport Wrote:  According to Quack77 the following buses have been allocated to Cannock

FN04 HTC - Scania / Wright Solar - D & G red
MX08 DHM - Optare Solo - D & G red
MX08 DGE - Optare Solo - Centrebus old
YX11 CTV - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - Red
YN62 AOH - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - D & G red
MX62 ARF - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - D & G red
MX62 AWU - Wright StreetLite DF - Compass Bus
MX62 AWZ - Wright StreetLite DF - Compass Bus
MK63 WZX - Wright StreetLite DF - D & G red
SN64 CVM - Wright StreetLite DF - D & G red
SN64 CVO - Wright StreetLite DF - D & G red
SN64 CVP - Wright StreetLite DF - D & G red
MM13 OCH - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 - D & G red
YX65 RWK - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 MMC - White
YX65 RWL - Alexander Dennis Enviro200 MMC - White

(09/01/2021 12:32)33109 Wrote:  FN04 HTC - Know for a fact that's an ex high peak solar that used to run the 199 buxton - manchester airport services. Maybe they'll cascade a couple of others as well.

ukbuses.co.uk reports they have FN04 HSL as well but they say it's awaiting disposal, so sounds like it's been used for spare parts to keep FN04 HTC usable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Chaserider
Do we know if the Network Return Ticket is valid on Chaserider Services

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/03/2021 11:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  Do we know if the Network Return Ticket is valid on Chaserider Services

The Chaserider tickets are valid on D&G buses in Stafford but there's no mention of the D&G Network Return being valid on Chaserider services in Stafford or beyond. The ticket section on the D&G site has been updated to say The Knot tickets are also valid on Chaserider services, so I would presume if the Network Return was valid on Chaserider, even only in and around Stafford, then the D&G site would say, in the same way it says they are valid on High Peak services in and around Macclesfield.

Perhaps one thing they could clarify is can the Chaserider Cannock and Stafford zone ticket be purchased on a D&G Bus, or does the cost of someone's journey depend whose service they use first?
(09/03/2021 11:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  Do we know if the Network Return Ticket is valid on Chaserider Services

Stupid question time but I’ve always wondered. Is the Network Return Ticket a Dayrider type ticket, or is it just a return journey on a service on their network
(09/03/2021 14:08)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Stupid question time but I’ve always wondered. Is the Network Return Ticket a Dayrider type ticket, or is it just a return journey on a service on their network
The Network Return is a day ticket (least I have done a few full day trips using the network return ticket) Why it isn't just simply named as such I'd be interested to know.

On the Midland Classic site, it is labelled as 'Classic Day Plus'.
(09/03/2021 14:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  The Network Return is a day ticket (least I have done a few full day trips using the network return ticket) Why it isn't just simply named as such I'd be interested to know.

What's confusing is some drivers say 'day rider', 'day ticket' or similar if you ask for a 'network return' and with others if you ask for a 'day ticket' they then refer to it as a 'return'.

It does also make it confusing if you are making a single journey involving more than one bus e.g. Mobberley to Manchester Airport, as a Network Return might be cheaper than 2 x singles but you aren't making a return journey! I was actually on a 288 bus once when someone questioned if a return ticket could be sold to travel back on a different day, in that case 'day ticket' is a better description than 'network return.' I'm sure on Burnley & Pendle services for longer journeys the return portion of a ticket is valid for one journey to be made within 28 days of the outbound journey.

Only logical reason I can think of is they want to market it as a useful ticket for those making a return journey involving more than one bus, opposed to a useful ticket for bus enthusiasts who want to spend the day riding as many routes as possible.
On the MyTrip app, the Network Return tickets are listed as 1 Day and the description says "unlimited travel for 1 Day".
Chaserider have deregistered the following according the latest VOSA Bus Service Registration updates:

9 Stafford - Highfields
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/574766/

75/75A Cannock - Stafford:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/574765/

Select have registered replacements on the 9 and 75/75A as a 875. There is a 875A registered which appears to replace the 6 Stafford - Rickerscote but D&G still have it registered, even though its been suspended:

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/571794/
Chaserider are to operate a new limited stop X14 from Oakengates to Cannock Designer Outlet Centre from June.
[quote='mikestone' pid='144625' dateline='1619548979']
Chaserider are to operate a new limited stop X14 from Oakengates to Cannock Designer Outlet Centre from June.

For anyone who may not use social media, this is from the Chaserider Facebook page and the service starts on June 1st.

[Image: 179147697_187323186554847_18749356813457...e=60ADD82B]

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)