Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gaff in The Crown, Buses on The Mall
Gaff in The Crown, Buses on The Mall
Episode 5 of the new series of the Crown has a few sequences showing Buckingham Palace from the top deck of a Routemaster full of passengers. As Buses Coaches and Commercial Vehicles are banned from the roads inside St James's Park this is of course impossible. I doubt if TfL buses are allowed to go past the front of the Palace even in situations caused by even the worst of London traffic incidents.

The footage must be artificially produced and highlights the inaccuracy and poor attention to detail evident in much of The Crown.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Gaff in The Crown, Buses on The Mall
(17/11/2020 16:42)L544 Wrote:  Episode 5 of the new series of the Crown has a few sequences showing Buckingham Palace from the top deck of a Routemaster full of passengers. As Buses Coaches and Commercial Vehicles are banned from the roads inside St James's Park this is of course impossible. I doubt if TfL buses are allowed to go past the front of the Palace even in situations caused by even the worst of London traffic incidents.

The footage must be artificially produced and highlights the inaccuracy and poor attention to detail evident in much of The Crown.
Coaches (and I presume single deckers) can go down there but they are restricted to one way (enter at Trafalgar Square and exit at Hyde Park Corner) and have to pay £15. The rules are no double deckers which I believe is down to them not wanting the Queen to be overlooked.
https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/st-j...gh-permits
RE: Gaff in The Crown, Buses on The Mall
Presumably this dates to IRA activity, hardly relevant to where The Crown is up tob I would think?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)