Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
RE: North West Bus Service Changes due to Coronavirus outbreak
Arriva North West are increasing services around Merseyside and Widnes/Halton from April 11th

There doesn't seem to be that much of a difference to routes, unless they will turn a though some services that I looked at will be retimed to turn up much earlier.

I can't seem to find a source for the Merseytravel website, and I would post the Arriva website but it's a chore to look at the timetable changes and quite confusing to navigate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/03/2021 18:15)NathanR Wrote:  Arriva North West are increasing services around Merseyside and Widnes/Halton from April 11th

There doesn't seem to be that much of a difference to routes, unless they will turn a though some services that I looked at will be retimed to turn up much earlier.

I can't seem to find a source for the Merseytravel website, and I would post the Arriva website but it's a chore to look at the timetable changes and quite confusing to navigate.
Here is the full details which I have posted on a specific thread:
http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1680
Hattons routes 12 & 60 are now back to normal service as from today.
HTL have the 174 & 188 back to regular service levels now, leaving just 2 159s to be reinstated.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
From Sunday May 16th 2021, Arriva Merseyside will be increasing the following services listed below.
  • 26 and 27 (Sheil Road Circular) - Services will now run every ten minutes, Saturday/Sunday journeys unchanged
  • 53 (Liverpool - Crosby) - Service will now run every fifteen minutes, QBP with Stagecoach will result in higher frequency, no changes to Saturday/Sunday services
  • 62 (Bootle North Park - Wavertree) - Service will now run every twenty minutes with timetable adjustments, no changes to Saturday/Sunday services
  • 79 - (Halewood - Liverpool) Services will now run every six minutes.
  • 82 - Liverpool ONE Bus Station - Speke Morrisons - Minor timetable changes
  • 86/86A (Liverpool - Garston or John Lennon Airport) - Service retimed to run every twelve minutes, combined service with Stagecoach means service runs every six minutes

Source: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...merseyside (Their Twitter post regarding this redirects to the April timetable changes for some unknown reason)

Apparently this is the last push for services now, the 86/86A page mentions 'services to return to normal daytime frequencies'
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I found the following on Alex Hornby's Twitter yesterday regarding seating capacity on Transdev Blazefields vehicles from next week:

We will be cautiously (but hopefully irreversibly) reducing restrictions around seated capacity on our buses from next Monday 17 May in line with the roadmap to hopeful normality (whatever that is!). Full details announced today. All part of safely getting everyone #BACKtoBUS.

I've also heard that First Oldham are increasing seating capacity to 80% from next Monday.

Does anybody know whether any other operators are planning on increasing seating capacity from next Monday? I've heard that some office workers are going back to working from offices from next week so additional capacity will probably be needed.
(12/05/2021 06:04)M60lad Wrote:  Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I found the following on Alex Hornby's Twitter yesterday regarding seating capacity on Transdev Blazefields vehicles from next week:

We will be cautiously (but hopefully irreversibly) reducing restrictions around seated capacity on our buses from next Monday 17 May in line with the roadmap to hopeful normality (whatever that is!). Full details announced today. All part of safely getting everyone #BACKtoBUS.

I've also heard that First Oldham are increasing seating capacity to 80% from next Monday.

Does anybody know whether any other operators are planning on increasing seating capacity from next Monday? I've heard that some office workers are going back to working from offices from next week so additional capacity will probably be needed.

I believe capacity increases are on the cards for Arriva from a tweet that I saw from one of the Arriva subsidiaries outside of the North West, but it's best to wait and see as it's down to government guidelines. I can't be certain of the other operators though here
(12/05/2021 11:21)NathanR Wrote:  I believe capacity increases are on the cards for Arriva from a tweet that I saw from one of the Arriva subsidiaries outside of the North West, but it's best to wait and see as it's down to government guidelines. I can't be certain of the other operators though here

Arriva Merseyside/northwest are going upto 80% capacity too from what was said today.
Every forward-facing seat on bus services in England will be permitted outside London from Monday 17 May

So I would not even think buses will run at X% they will just be used with all seats used apart from backward facing seats and ones close to drivers ( But this would be to keep unions and drivers on side)

But not for Coaches they will still be at current limits

https://www.route-one.net/news/change-al...EioIUBmhjo
Arriva have now confirmed this to be the case on their services too.

Twitter Post

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)