Current time: 24/04/2024, 13:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

201 Bus Group
201 Bus Group
Today the 201 Bus Group announced that the Wirral Bus & Tram Show will go ahead despite the uncertainty of the facilities available at Pacific Road and the Wirral Transport Museum at Taylor Street, they're taking it as a case of make do with what you've got.

As usual, the event will take place on the 1st Sunday of October being the 7th from 10am to 4pm with a dedicated feeder service from Liverpool City Centre in the morning and afternoon as well as short trips around the docks as well as longer distance trips to places like West Kirby, Heswall and so on.

Once I know more details, I'll post them here.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: 201 Bus Group
Excellent news - thanks for the update hot off the press.
Find all posts by this user
Second update of the day with a small upcoming event too, which will use Wallasey Atlantean FHF 451 (subject to availability) and Birkenhead PD2 FBG 910 throughout the day on a 4½ tour of the Birkenhead docks as well as some other local historical buildings, a great chance to photograph some vintage buses with some buildings and pieces of land schedules for redevelopment in the near future.

More on the 201 Blog, http://201busgroup.wordpress.com/2012/06...ical-tour/

Sounds good hope your group has a group day
(11/06/2012 20:32)R557 ABA Wrote:  Second update of the day with a small upcoming event too, which will use Wallasey Atlantean FHF 451 (subject to availability) and Birkenhead PD2 FBG 910 throughout the day on a 4½ tour of the Birkenhead docks as well as some other local historical buildings, a great chance to photograph some vintage buses with some buildings and pieces of land schedules for redevelopment in the near future.

More on the 201 Blog, http://201busgroup.wordpress.com/2012/06...ical-tour/

Sounds interesting, would be better if it was for a Sunday though, also i can highly recomend the Green Hut Cafe/Takeaway down by Leasowe Lighthouse [& BTW being pedantic it's not called Moreton Shore, it's still Leasowe Shore, otherwise it'd be known as Moreton Lighthouse, Moreton boundary finishes by Moreton Station].

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(12/06/2012 14:15)MTL0201 Wrote:  Sounds interesting, would be better if it was for a Sunday though, also i can highly recomend the Green Hut Cafe/Takeaway down by Leasowe Lighthouse [& BTW being pedantic it's not called Moreton Shore, it's still Leasowe Shore, otherwise it'd be known as Moreton Lighthouse, Moreton boundary finishes by Moreton Station].

The 15th July is a Sunday though lol, the matter of it is Wallasey Corporation used Moreton Shore on their blinds, that's where Wallasey 1's journey is planned to begin from.

Yes - Birkenhead did as well
(12/06/2012 14:59)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 14:15)MTL0201 Wrote:  Sounds interesting, would be better if it was for a Sunday though, also i can highly recomend the Green Hut Cafe/Takeaway down by Leasowe Lighthouse [& BTW being pedantic it's not called Moreton Shore, it's still Leasowe Shore, otherwise it'd be known as Moreton Lighthouse, Moreton boundary finishes by Moreton Station].

The 15th July is a Sunday though lol, the matter of it is Wallasey Corporation used Moreton Shore on their blinds, that's where Wallasey 1's journey is planned to begin from.

Blush Misread June for July, which is why i got my wires crossed, might go to that.Big Grin

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Just to say the 201 Bus Group was overwhelmed with the amount of people who showed their support for the 201 Bus Group for their Docklands tour on the 15th.

Despite Wallasey 1 not being able to partake in the tour (as it's currently in the process of a re-paint) the tour went very well indeed, with plenty a unique opportunity to photograph Birkenhead 10 on some of it's old routes as well as historical buildings and features that are soon to disappear with redevelopment of the area.

With this news the 201 Bus Group have stated they are going to consider similar smaller events throughout next year, so it's a case of watch this space.

The 201 Bus Group have just published a detailed overview of their dock tour on their website,
http://201busgroup.wordpress.com/2012/07...a-success/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)