Current time: 24/04/2024, 18:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
RE:Transdev Harrogate, Keighley, Coastliner, York, Burnley & Pendle, LancashireUnited
Saw an Enviro400 demonstrator vehicle out on the X43 on Sunday. Are Transdev using this to looking to get some new vehicles for its Witch Way services in the future?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Transdev Harrogate, Keighley, Coastliner, York, Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire United
Two more buses are due to be branded for the Unibus 44 at York by the end of the month.

A shuttle bus has been running between York's two campus to solve overcrowding issues which were caused by first withdrawing from that part of the route. These were initially run by two coastliner double deckers but recently these have dissapeared in favour of various older deckers. That coupled with the news that Coastliner is due some new deckers soon does lead me to think that they could have dissapeared to the paintshop...
Transdev Harrogate, Keighley, Coastliner, York, Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire United
(21/11/2012 19:37)SF07 Wrote:  Saw an Enviro400 demonstrator vehicle out on the X43 on Sunday. Are Transdev using this to looking to get some new vehicles for its Witch Way services in the future?

Its early days yet, but I understand they are considering 6 deckers for the X43 to counter the Todmorden spare being openned on the railway as that is expected to cut ridership levels. This is at an early stage so I presume its loan is linked to that.
Keighley based decker 2701 was on loan to York today and was in service on the 44 duplicates.
It has been confirmed that York/ Unibus service 44 will run to a 7/8 minute frequency througout the day Mon-Sat from January and will also servce the York sports village, with a fully branded unibus fleet (presumably with the exception of when breakdowns / routine maintanence takes place).
Renown 1013 has joined sister 1012 in the York Unibus fleet.

As of today, all journies should be made with low floor buses, which means the 3 former Pullman Olympians as well as the two former Veolia buses will no longer appear (we've also had some of the yellow school buses appear on the route recently)
RE: Transdev Harrogate, Keighley, Coastliner, York, Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire Unit
So what vehicles are actually branded Unibus now then tbone?

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Transdev Harrogate, Keighley, Coastliner, York, Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire Unit
(02/12/2012 17:41)NK07 FZG Wrote:  So what vehicles are actually branded Unibus now then tbone?

Wrightbus Renown 1012 (YD02 UMU)
Wrightbus Renown 1013 (YD02 UMV)
Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 1107 (YJ60 ADU)
Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 1108 (YJ60 ADV)
Transbus Plaxton President 2717 (PL51 ADX)
Transbu Plaxton President 2718 (PN02 XBT)

The PVR is currently 7, either a Coastliner or the on loan Keighley bus is the other one in use. From January, a combination of an extension of the route to York Sports Centre and an increase in frequency will knock the PVR up to 9.

As a student, I think it's great that the 44 is now fully low floor. But a combination of the 4 no longer serving the HeslingtonEast campus and an increse in the number of students living there by 600 (not to mention pressure by the Student Union to use the 44 over the 4) means that buses were already packed, and seeing as two single deckers have replaced the ex Pullman deckers, capacity has now become more of an issue, at least until the increase in frequency next term.
Transdev Yorkshire and Lancashire
The first two of the new B9TLs have been noted on-delivery at Heysham Docks - Harroagte's BF62 UXZ and Coastliner's BF62 UXW (Photos @ maljoe)

BF62UXZ is expected to replace 3613 at Harrogate, which along with 405-10 will go off-lease.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Star RE: Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
(21/11/2012 20:34)tbone Wrote:  Two more buses are due to be branded for the Unibus 44 at York by the end of the month.

A shuttle bus has been running between York's two campus to solve overcrowding issues which were caused by first withdrawing from that part of the route. These were initially run by two coastliner double deckers but recently these have dissapeared in favour of various older deckers. That coupled with the news that Coastliner is due some new deckers soon does lead me to think that they could have dissapeared to the paintshop...

As mentioned in my post above, 406/7 are expected to return to the leasors once the new B9TLs arrive for Coastliner.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)