Current time: 18/04/2024, 12:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(12/06/2021 08:32)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  That’s half the price it would cost by taking train - taking into account you’d typically buy a £4.40 day ticket into town and then £17.60 return to Rhyl. Journey would also take roughly the same amount of time, arguably quicker due to the lack of changes using the X10. Should be decent demand for this

Will this be one vehicle , is there an option to run a duplicate if demand is there ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Those prices given seem to be the North West Explorer ticket meaning that you can buy that on a normal bus to get to the X10 route as well.

If anyone fancies doing the X8 as well and you can do so using only Stagecoach MCSL buses, you could do the £19 3 day explorer and do the X8 to Keswick on Saturdays then the X10 on a Sunday. 2 nice days out for under £20.
(12/06/2021 09:10)wirralbus Wrote:  Will this be one vehicle , is there an option to run a duplicate if demand is there ?

I imagine if they use a decker with 'all forward facing seats' usable* (so around 60 odd) that should be big enough but I guess if demand is high they will get a dupe

If you want to go for an even lower price (serious plug haha) Stagecoach are after drivers so if anyone wants to apply and you are successful you'll get a staff pass to go on it free!

* In England at least, maybe rules in Wales will change by July, otherwise that plan will not work!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(12/06/2021 13:56)buses7675 Wrote:  I imagine if they use a decker with 'all forward facing seats' usable* (so around 60 odd) that should be big enough but I guess if demand is high they will get a dupe

If you want to go for an even lower price (serious plug haha) Stagecoach are after drivers so if anyone wants to apply and you are successful you'll get a staff pass to go on it free!

* In England at least, maybe rules in Wales will change by July, otherwise that plan will not work!
Dupe bus from Eastham then. All forward facing seats upto there then split people between buses to comply with the rules over the border haha.
(12/06/2021 08:32)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Should be decent demand for this

I really hope so and that they advertise the service widely so that potential passengers know about it in enough time to make plans and use it - just hope it doesn't end up as another case of potential passengers never hearing about it so not using it and the service getting cancelled because of lack of use.
(13/06/2021 10:31)Valandil Wrote:  I really hope so and that they advertise the service widely so that potential passengers know about it in enough time to make plans and use it - just hope it doesn't end up as another case of potential passengers never hearing about it so not using it and the service getting cancelled because of lack of use.

It needs to find its way on to the StagecoachMCSL Twitter feed for both Liverpool and Wirral , like they have done for the Chorley operated X8 to Keswick.

That X8 shows what can be done if the right people advertise it
(12/06/2021 10:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  Those prices given seem to be the North West Explorer ticket meaning that you can buy that on a normal bus to get to the X10 route as well.

If anyone fancies doing the X8 as well and you can do so using only Stagecoach MCSL buses, you could do the £19 3 day explorer and do the X8 to Keswick on Saturdays then the X10 on a Sunday. 2 nice days out for under £20.

Now £26 upon doing a bit of research, seems they realised it was too good of a deal Rolleyes
34812 unusually on 17 earlier.
Does anyone know at all if the North West Explorer/Gold tickets will be accepted on the X10 please, as checking the online fare tool the X10 fares haven’t been put on yet
(18/06/2021 20:33)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Does anyone know at all if the North West Explorer/Gold tickets will be accepted on the X10 please, as checking the online fare tool the X10 fares haven’t been put on yet

I will try to find out - the fare that was posted here of £11.50 is same cost as a NW Explorer so it could well be that the NW Explorer is the ticket for X10

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)