Current time: 26/04/2024, 03:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

London Olympics Bus Services
London Olympics Bus Services
We hear a great deal about buses that operators are diverting to London for the Olympic Games. Some are new buses prior to operation elsewhere in Britain, and others are current London buses that are new or have just been refurbished or even withdrawn.

Does anyone know what these will be used for? Are these for example Park & Ride services or special services for holders of Olympic Games tickets? Also, will these be visible all day or only immediately before or after any games start?

Any info will be most welcome thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: London Olympics Bus Services
Stagecoach will be running the athlete / staff transport services. Due to the complex nature of scheduling and shift work, they will have to run all day. They will operate before and after the duration of the games, due to them being used as staff transport.

I believe First are running the spectator services.
So will the Arriva vehicles that are allegedly due to go to the Olympics going to be on hire to Stagecoach and First or is there other work for Arriva?
Arriva are subcontractors for First I believe. I think Stagecoach are also doing some work for First as well....

All this subcontracting is why First are looking at making a loss on their contracts, I believe....
OK thanks for that. Sounds like First have really messed up then.
First have got this website for the services they will be operating:

http://www.firstgroupgamestravel.com/

Mainly useful for booking, but does contain some other details.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Wow P&Rs 90 and 110mins from the Olympic Park - I thought they'd be like 20 mins away
Arriva is operating the srevices to transport the media around and are taking coaches down due to having to run to other parts for the likes of the football and that,they have also sub let a lot of work out to smaller firms including G.H.A coaches and quite a few others so that it doesnt affect there own depots networks.
Now you've said that you've reminded me that the contract to transport Police around has gone to a consortium of smaller coaching firms from Essex area.
Thank you for your info so far, including Garsty for highlighting the First Games Support website. I wonder whether day returns from Manchester to Olympic Park for example will use new 12-reg double-deckers?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)