Current time: 29/03/2024, 15:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Devon
Stagecoach Devon
Any news about Stagecoach Devon here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Stagecoach Devon
Torbay operations have renewed their fleet of ageing Tridents on the 12 (Newton Abbot to Brixham) with a new batch of Enviro 400's. I assume the Tridents have now displaced the older deckers (some as old as J reg) on other routes?

http://www.devonnewscentre.info/uncatego...or-torbay/
There was no standard J reg's left to replace, just open top ones. They cascaded Tridents onto Olympian work, withdrawing all but 1 of the Volvo Olympians. A further batch of double deckers are on order for South West (9 Scania Enviro400's for Exeter), which will hopefully see off that last Olympian, and maybe see some older Tridents converted to open top.
will be in Torbay in 2 weeks on holiday and hope to use the bus when there
I wouldn't be surprised if the reserve Olympians come out to play when First Barnstaple is taken over in order to save the cost of painting ex-First vehicles that won't be needed.....
ex manchester 19001/2/3/4/6 are due here
I am staying in Barnstaple for a few days at the end of April. I look forward to riding some scenic routes and rolling stock then. I have yet to find out the boundaries of the North Devon DayRider.
22 new Scania/Enviro400 for North Devon, arriving from the end of May.....Tridents 18131-18137/18393-18397 & some of the former Torbay ones (18061-79) used currently. According to my fleetlist, only 4 Olympians in use with Stagecoach SW, rest in reserve/disposal......interesting to see where the Tridents will go.

http://www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/Stagec...z2RJxZXRIO

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
There are only 3 Olys still in service - all for schools I believe.

There are 21 non-DDA Tridents with South West, so I'd imagine they'll go somewhere.
(23/04/2013 21:41)mbonwick Wrote:  There are only 3 Olys still in service - all for schools I believe.

There are 21 non-DDA Tridents with South West, so I'd imagine they'll go somewhere.

Did hear a rumour that some or all of the cascaded Tridents would replace some/all of remaining non-DDA Darts in Torquay.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)