Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach taking over Wessex services in Bristol
Stagecoach taking over Wessex services in Bristol
I note on another forum that Stagecoach are expanding in north Bristol by taking over the services that Wessex are giving up when they pull out. They are also taking some vehicles too. Maybe further expansion to come?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Stagecoach taking over Wessex services in Bristol
(20/07/2018 11:42)rod_259 Wrote:  I note on another forum that Stagecoach are expanding in north Bristol by taking over the services that Wessex are giving up when they pull out. They are also taking some vehicles too. Maybe further expansion to come?

There aren't many vehicles in Wessex's fleet that fit Stagecoach's fleet profile. Maybe some of the newer Solos fit the bill.
(20/07/2018 15:03)EDB325 Wrote:  There aren't many vehicles in Wessex's fleet that fit Stagecoach's fleet profile. Maybe some of the newer Solos fit the bill.

Geminis, Eclipse, Ultralows weren't on Stagecoach' fleet profile either but they bought Chester and Wigan and kept the vehicles. I wouldn't rule anything out.
Said to be Enviro200s, though it has been pointed out that some of the routes Stagecoach are taking on operate with Solos...
I think this part Rotala Wessex is the first Stagecoach purchase since First Plymouth in 2015.

It means that Rotala will just have PrestonBus, Diamond in Greater Manchester and West Midlands / Worcs, and Hallmark / OFJ / Hotel Hoppa in Heathrow / north west Surrey.
(21/07/2018 06:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I think this part Rotala Wessex is the first Stagecoach purchase since First Plymouth in 2015.

It means that Rotala will just have PrestonBus, Diamond in Greater Manchester and West Midlands / Worcs, and Hallmark / OFJ / Hotel Hoppa in Heathrow / north west Surrey.

Weren't Rotala plotting a new takeover? Could selling one operation to Stagecoach be used to part fund a new acquisition?
(21/07/2018 12:51)knutstransport Wrote:  Weren't Rotala plotting a new takeover? Could selling one operation to Stagecoach be used to part fund a new acquisition?
They won’t get much for Wessex and the rumours, some time ago, was that Rossi might have been a target but Trasdev picked them up. Not sure where they would go next, maybe D&G or anther similar sized company or maybe independents in Merseyside?
(22/07/2018 10:49)rod_259 Wrote:  They won’t get much for Wessex and the rumours, some time ago, was that Rossi might have been a target but Trasdev picked them up. Not sure where they would go next, maybe D&G or anther similar sized company or maybe independents in Merseyside?

The Stagecoach / Rotala transaction was not material, hence why no RNS was released to the London Stock Exchange. They have however, already agreed a sale on Wessex's Avonmouth depot to another party (planning in/going in for a change of use i.e. not as a bus depot).
Rosso was not the takeover target they raised funds for last year, therefore, that proposed acquisition could still happen in the future.
(22/07/2018 14:44)Winston Wrote:  The Stagecoach / Rotala transaction was not material, hence why no RNS was released to the London Stock Exchange. They have however, already agreed a sale on Wessex's Avonmouth depot to another party (planning in/going in for a change of use i.e. not as a bus depot).
Rosso was not the takeover target they raised funds for last year, therefore, that proposed acquisition could still happen in the future.

My money is where it's been for some time - on Cumfybus. They'd dovetail very nicely into Rotala's operating territory.
I heard they where offered cumfybus sometime ago.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)