Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
The problem with First on the Wirral is that the depot itself is a bit cramped for space when most of the vehicles are on site , the amount of vehicles they have allocated now is about the maximum that the site can safely accomodate .

Its near the point that to operate any different services would require a service to be withdrawn to provide the vehicles .

Its not ambition they need the depot manager at Rock Ferry would probably like a depot with more space . In a way Chester depot suffers the same problem not enough space .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/06/2012 16:07)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem with First on the Wirral is that the depot itself is a bit cramped for space when most of the vehicles are on site , the amount of vehicles they have allocated now is about the maximum that the site can safely accomodate .

Its near the point that to operate any different services would require a service to be withdrawn to provide the vehicles .

Its not ambition they need the depot manager at Rock Ferry would probably like a depot with more space . In a way Chester depot suffers the same problem not enough space .

They shouldnt have sold half the yard for housing then! Or if they where planning to sell half the yard have a plan b for an alternative site.

Cool Life is for living !
(06/06/2012 05:40)P450 SWX Wrote:  34229 on the 38

Half term - no schools
Seems like the Liverpool 1's for First will be operated by both Rockferry and Chester, that's according to a driver in Chester.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Please, please STOP!!!!!!!
In recent weeks three items have appeared on a Yahoo group new posts.

1 First Machestser usage names

2 Driver losses at RF

3 Vehicle usage

I have no comments on these and not made any commnets at all but rhe start indicates that the originate with me. At least remone my name from each mail or better still swith off the facilty.

JohnC
(06/06/2012 18:59)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 05:40)P450 SWX Wrote:  34229 on the 38

Half term - no schools

There is a specific monday - friday 38 duty which is always run by deckers whether the school are in or not, 1100 from New Ferry, 1200 from West Kirby, 1300 from New Ferry and 1400 from West Kirby before returning to Rock Ferry depot at around 1505. The driver then comes off and the bus usually gets taken out onto a school service, not sure if its the same board though.

As for deckers on the 38 on a Saturday.. theres always at least one on 38s on a saturday, despite all the boards saying Vehicle type 'SCANIA'..

This may be of some use to those looking to ride on the olympians, as they are surley nearing the end of their life now..

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
(03/06/2012 19:48)mic Wrote:  
(03/06/2012 19:39)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(03/06/2012 17:28)P450 SWX Wrote:  Why would they have First Greater Machester logo's

It would prob be First Chester & Wirral

It would have to be. It would really upset passengers round here if the buses had manc branding!

I think it would have been better had they been left on first Pottieres lincence as are 60032-42

It's because its now part of First Manchester division hence First Manchester branding, First Potteries has been dissolved with Stoke moving to the First Midlands division.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Best bet is Saturday, recently often two out, but thanks for the Mon-Fri info P493.
Has the 38 been effected much by the starting of the new 39 route

Cool Life is for living !
P-EFL and 34226 and 34229 all on 38 today along with the MPD

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)