Current time: 29/03/2024, 01:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
RE: Transdev Yorkshire & Lancashire
(30/04/2021 19:31)SK15 GZG Wrote:  The door can be opened on the boarding/alighting area if those driving them make full use of the space available

It's hard to tell from a photograph but I'd say there's at least a foot between the bonnet and the railings
They have been told they have to use stand 9 but that also the coach stop so I can see issues.

if you look at arriva bus stations info they have types of buses that can use there station
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/help/bus-sta...ons-of-use

It looks like no body picked up on the buses are likely to go into a bay bus station they are not made for minibus conversions type buses. local management did not pick up on it also. issue with non-standard types.
National express have same issues with some coach stops unable to be used with the lift so they can't book any passengers needing the lift used.

Also does door open out and backwards?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/04/2021 20:09)Mrboo Wrote:  They have been told they have to use stand 9 but that also the coach stop so I can see issues.

These vehicles haven't entered service yet. It could have been parked where it was for any number of reasons

Out of interest what coaches stop at Burnley? Surely they're not that frequent they'd start clashing with the Ribble Country buses?

(30/04/2021 20:09)Mrboo Wrote:  Also does door open out and backwards?

It's a plug door so yes

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
Depending on what buses serve the next stand (one behind the bus) and how much space is currently available, they could get away with moving the bollard back about 30cm as then the front overhang goes over the pavement. If the front wheels touch the kerb, it looks like it would fit, just got to be wary of overhang.
I see from Notices & Proceedings that route X41 is being withdrawn towards the end of October.

I rode it in May as I had a bad feeling it would be withdrawn. My journey was reasonably well used though.
(10/09/2022 14:43)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I see from Notices & Proceedings that route X41 is being withdrawn towards the end of October.

I rode it in May as I had a bad feeling it would be withdrawn. My journey was reasonably well used though.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Never really managed to attract the same kind of patronage as the X43 and suspect the last couple of years have probably reduced passengers numbers even more. I think Transdev did try withdrawing it once before it had a reprieve. They had been advising passengers to use the 464 between Accrington and Rawtenstall and switch to the X43.

I would imagine the only issue would be a loss of a service between Edenfield and Ramsbottom via Stubbins. Don't know if Rosso plan on re-routing the 481 to maintain a link between Haslingden, Edenfield and Ramsbottom or if they extend the B1 from Ramsbottom or if TfGM will step in with a partial replacement service.

Meanwhile, over in Yorkshire, Transdev are stepping in to replace a withdrawn service, taking over the X98/X99 between Wetherby and Leeds from First Bus from 3rd October.

https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/harrogate/...s-wetherby
I’m aware I’m bringing back an old thread but has 1101 been withdrawn?

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)