Current time: 23/04/2024, 17:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Old Bus Routes Wirral
RE: Old Bus Routes Wirral
(02/06/2013 12:54)wirralbus Wrote:  In Wallasey what was the difference in route of the 14 and 16 im sure both operated from Seacombe to New Brighton .

Think some of the old routes are the inspiration of the present Impera routes.

The 14 took the route from Seacombe to New Brighton via St Paul's Road, Wheatland Lane, Mainwaring Road, Liscard Road, Liscard Village, Rake Lane, Rowson Street, Wellington Road and Virginia Road.

Whereas the 16 took the route from Seacombe to New Brighton via Church Road, Brighton Street, Church Street, Liscard Road, Seaview Road, Hose Side Road, Warren Drive, Victoria Road, Rowson Street, Wellington Road and Virginia Road.

But like you say Wirralbus, Impera's routes are very much influenced on some of the old corporation routes.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/06/2013 20:01)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(02/06/2013 12:54)wirralbus Wrote:  In Wallasey what was the difference in route of the 14 and 16 im sure both operated from Seacombe to New Brighton .

Think some of the old routes are the inspiration of the present Impera routes.

The 14 took the route from Seacombe to New Brighton via St Paul's Road, Wheatland Lane, Mainwaring Road, Liscard Road, Liscard Village, Rake Lane, Rowson Street, Wellington Road and Virginia Road.

Whereas the 16 took the route from Seacombe to New Brighton via Church Road, Brighton Street, Church Street, Liscard Road, Seaview Road, Hose Side Road, Warren Drive, Victoria Road, Rowson Street, Wellington Road and Virginia Road.

But like you say Wirralbus, Impera's routes are very much influenced on some of the old corporation routes.

433 effectively replaces the 14 between New Brighton & Poulton Library. Before D-Reg the 2 was extended to New Brighton so there was 4 routes Seacombe-New Brighton 1/2/14/16/16A, 16A was only an Evening & Sunday service following the main 16 to Liscard Road then the 14[which only operated Mon-Sat daytime] to Seacombe.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Can anyone help with information about a short lived old bus route..

It was operated by Crosville post-de reg under the Mini Lynx brand using MSR Sherpa Minibuses probably around 1987/1988ish..

The route took it around the Birkett Road/Dacre Hill estate in Rock Ferry. Im fairly sure it was numbered in the 200 series, maybe a 251 or something like that?

Thanks
Off the top of my head what i can remember of the December 85 changes were

1, New Brighton Charing Cross, Monday to Saturday extended hourly as 1A to Poulton Lancelyn replacing the 12A
2 Seacombe Grove Road Extended from Grove Road to New Brighton
3 Woodside-Seacombe see 33/34
4/4A/5/5A Woodside/Seacombe-Overchurch Road renumbered 44/44A/45/45A
7/8 New Brighton-Newton withdrawn see 35/37
12A New Brighton-Poulton Lancelyn most journeys withdrawn apart from some school journeys renumbered 12
18 Seaview Road-Mill Park reduced to hourly however common section Gorsey Lane-Bebington Station is 20 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime combines with new services 17 New Brighton-Clatterbridge & 19 New Brighton-New Ferry
21/22 Woodside, Moreton/Leasowe withdrawn see 38/39/42/43
23 Somerville-Leasowe extended to Arrowe Park Hospital, journeys will be 23 Arrowe Park Hospital-Somerville, returning as 24
28 Mill Park-West Kirby curtailed to operate Mill Park-Moreton Bermuda Road diverted to serve Sandbrook estate & renumbered 40
33/34 Monday to Saturday daytime Woodside-Woodside renumbered from 3 & extended from Seacombe to Woodside via the 4 bridges no longer serves Town Meadow Lane
33A/34A Woodside-Seacombe evening & Sunday service operating via Town Meadow Lane replacing the 3.
35 Woodside-New Brighton new service replaces the 3 Woodside-Wallasey Village & the 7 Town Meadow Lane-New Brighton
37 Woodside-New Brighton new service replaces the 81 Woodside-West Kirby & the 8 Newton-New-Brighton
37A Woodside-New Brighton new evening & Sunday service replaces the 82 Woodside-West Kirby & 8 West Kirby-New Brighton
38/39 Woodside-West Kirby Circular new service replaces the 21/22 Woodside-Moreton, 28 Birkenhead-West Kirby & 82 West Kirby-Woodside
42 Mill Park-Overchurch Road extended from Overchurch Road to Woodside replacing 21/22, return journeys Woodside-Mill Park will be numbered 43
81/82 withdrawn replaced by 37/37A/38/39.

I remember some tweaking summer 86 which were
11 New Brighton-Higher Tranmere evening & Sunday service withdrawn
17/18/19 late evening journeys withdrawn
38/39 evening & Sunday service withdrawn
40A, new evening & Sunday which operates direct via Hoylake Road[not serving Sandbrook] 40/40A operate every 30 minutes but 40 hourly, 40A hourly
51/51A/51B/51E Port Sunglight-Laird Street Garage/Overchurch Road/West Kirby frequency reduced
60/64 Woodside-Poulton Lancelyn/New Ferry evening & Sunday frequency reduced
71/71A/71C Woodside-Heswall Sunday frequency reduced
87/88 Woodside-Parkgate evening & Sunday frequency reduced
91/92 Oxton Circular frequency reduced

Anyone got a list of service 2001/2002?
Just thinking of the RedRider and Merseybus days, what was the difference between the 38 and 39? Did one extend to Eastham whilst one turned at West Kirby?

Also I'm trying to remember when the 437 was introduced and at what frequency? I seem to remember some interworking with the 37 before it replaced it?
(12/09/2016 08:12)ls1911 Wrote:  Just thinking of the RedRider and Merseybus days, what was the difference between the 38 and 39? Did one extend to Eastham whilst one turned at West Kirby?

Also I'm trying to remember when the 437 was introduced and at what frequency? I seem to remember some interworking with the 37 before it replaced it?

Merseybus 437 was introduced late 80s as a response to Crosville who introduced a 37A West Kirby-Liverpool, there was a Merseybus/Crosville bus war the end of the 80s, which came full circle with the Arriva/First bus war about 10 years ago. LOL

Not sure the difference of the 38/39 were, the Mill Park/Eastham extension was 39, think 38 was West Kirby only, but 39 did terminate at West Kirby as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lukeorourk...6901737390 - just a small portion of my timetables for the Wirral. Feel free to ask if you want any of the times scanned, I only have the covers scanned at the moment

I collect old Merseytravel/rail timetables and maps, I am also a photographer.
I live in Australia as a Dual Australian/British Citizen.
(12/09/2016 23:44)MTL0201 Wrote:  Merseybus 437 was introduced late 80s as a response to Crosville who introduced a 37A West Kirby-Liverpool, there was a Merseybus/Crosville bus war the end of the 80s, which came full circle with the Arriva/First bus war about 10 years ago. LOL

Not sure the difference of the 38/39 were, the Mill Park/Eastham extension was 39, think 38 was West Kirby only, but 39 did terminate at West Kirby as well.

So the 37/437 were originally run by different companies? I seem to remember both run by Merseybus at one point with the 37 only going to Woodside and the 437 at a much lower frequency than today
In 1983 the 38/39 were Woodside - West Kirby - Woodside circulars with the 38 operating
WOODSIDE via Laird Street,Moreton,Hoylake,West Kirby,Column Road,newton,Greasby,Upton,Claughton Village,Park Road South and the 39 operated the reverse of the 38 route.
Also at this time there was a 418/419 which operated out of Crosville's Heswall depot to Liverpool the 418 operating Heswall -Lower Heswall,Pensby,Old Haymarket and the 419 operatin Heswall - Lower Heswall,Pensby,Lime Street nothing like Arriva's present day 418/419 serices How time have changed

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)