Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best Spotting Locations
Best Spotting Locations
I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we can post best spotting locations in the towns & cities in which we live and visit. I know in the past that you can stand in a place that seems to ok only to find that if you had moved somewhere else (usually close by) that you could have covered more routes & vehicles.

I will start the ball rolling with my local town of Melton Mowbray, no don't laugh, we do have a few buses!!!

The place to cover all services is at the junction of Chapel Street & Windsor street, all inbound services pass here.

Services are operated by Arriva Midlands & Centerbus. Arriva is the 5/5A Leicester-Melton Mowbray, in-bound only, it then does a circular around a large estate then heads back to Leicester via a different route through the town centre.
Centerbus's main routes are the 8, Loughborough-Grantham & 19, Peterborough-Nottingham They also operate Melton town services 14 & 15, plus routes 23, 24, 25 which connect local villages. Other services are 55/56, Melton Grantham, via various villages, similar service 100 & 128 Melton-Leicester via villages & 113 & RF2 Melton-Oakham.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Best Spotting Locations
Spotting Locations Leicester
(copied from a post I made last year)

Haymarket bus station.

If you stand outside of the bus station at the junction of Belgrave Gate, Charles Street & Abbey Street the majority of the Leicester routes will pass by. This includes First, Arriva & Centerbus as well as & Roberts on one of the P&R services. (plus Stagecoach working in from Nuneaton & Northampton & De-Courcey from Coventry) Other routes and National Express can been seen at the St. Margerets bus station which is approx 150mts along Abbey Street from the Haymarket bus station, about 3-4 mins walk

As an aside, if you want the other two Roberts P&R routes, a short 5min walk along Vaughan Way from St Margerets bus station to St Nicholas Circle will be the best place. Also a trip from Haymarket to the Beaumont Centre will net you the four Solo's for Centrebus which work the "outer circle" service, these four don't usually[b] come into the centre. Be prepared to wait awhile though whilst they come round. The Beaumont centre is generally busy, bus wise, most of the day.
Hope this is of some help.
RE: Best Spotting Locations
Went down to Ashford, Kent last weekend to sample the new minibus operation, (amongst other places).

We found the best place to view the operation was at Ashford station, about an hour-hour fifteen see's them all round. 25 in service, 2 on Ashford depot & three at the dealership who maintain them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)