Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go South Coast
Go South Coast
For the latest news from the south coast, including Morebus, Salisbury Reds, Bluestar, Southern Vectis, Damory, Tourist and Excelsior.

Oh and from today, THAMESDOWN joins the GSC family following the completed acquisition by Go Ahead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Go South Coast
I wonder whether Go-Ahead will introduce a day ticket valid on Thamesdown buses, the route to Salisbury and maybe other buses further afield?

This is the first municipal privatisation since Islwyn, sold to Stagecoach in early 2010. Also, this is similar to Eastbourne being on a Go-Ahead / Stagecoach boundary, except that Stagecoach were winners that time. As you probably know, this leaves just 10 municipal bus companies:-

Lothian
Blackpool
Rossendale
Halton
Warrington
Nottingham
Ipswich
Reading
Newport
Cardiff
(11/02/2017 18:51)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether Go-Ahead will introduce a day ticket valid on Thamesdown buses, the route to Salisbury and maybe other buses further afield?

Being early days, nothing much is happening at the moment. Mutual ticket acceptance has been introduced where Thamesdown runs in common with the X5 (e.g. Swindon to Great Western Hospital). There is a network ticket valid across the rest of the GSC network, so if this does get extended to Thamesdown then I'll let you know.
A little round-up of what is going on with GSC:

New ticket machines have been rolled out to a large part of the fleet. New Ticketer systems are in use at Thamesdown, More, Salisbury Reds and Bluestar, with the other areas to come on board in the next couple of months. It also means that these areas are now accepting contactless payments.

Solo SRs 3827 & 3828 have moved from Damory to Reds for a new Wilts contract.

41 new E200MMCs for the More m1/m2 due early 2018, and new E400MMCs for Southern Vectis too.

Repaints are taking place in earnest for the Thamesdown fleet, with 1-2 buses a week being done.

All remaining Spectras have now left the fleet.

And there's probably something I've forgotten!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)