Current time: 28/03/2024, 14:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(15/04/2023 20:06)iMarkeh Wrote:  Railforums suggests that D&G have won the W7 route?

Railforums also suggests Cheshire West didn't award any contract for the W7 but the Cheshire West press release suggests otherwise.

Official information on the W7 is limited at the moment but a local councillor appears to have given additional details about the N4 on a Facebook group. It sounds like the N4 isn't a short term contract as he mentions the route will eventually see electric buses as Warrington's Own Buses move to an all-electric fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/04/2023 11:24)knutstransport Wrote:  Railforums also suggests Cheshire West didn't award any contract for the W7 but the Cheshire West press release suggests otherwise.

Official information on the W7 is limited at the moment but a local councillor appears to have given additional details about the N4 on a Facebook group. It sounds like the N4 isn't a short term contract as he mentions the route will eventually see electric buses as Warrington's Own Buses move to an all-electric fleet.
The data for the W7 comes from the councils tender page where they changed the title to say not awarded and the tender was removed from public view on the tender page.

This means either someone has made a mistake, the W7 will be commercial, or the W7 will be ran using the councils minibuses under a Section 22 permit.

As for the tender length, the N4 tender is for 3 years with options to extend for an extra 2 years. The W7 is down for a 1 year tender, no option to extend.
(16/04/2023 22:52)iMarkeh Wrote:  This means either someone has made a mistake, the W7 will be commercial, or the W7 will be ran using the councils minibuses under a Section 22 permit.

As I already posted the Cheshire West press release says they are funding the W7, so we can rule out it being a commercial service.
(17/04/2023 12:03)knutstransport Wrote:  As I already posted the Cheshire West press release says they are funding the W7, so we can rule out it being a commercial service.
Sorry, I missed that part on the article.
Well it turns out the W7 is neither D&G or Warrington's Own Buses

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:34:48:376
Has there been a decision yet where Winsfords vehicles will be going to other than the 3 ALX400s to Chester?

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(19/04/2023 14:04)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Has there been a decision yet where Winsfords vehicles will be going to other than the 3 ALX400s to Chester?
I do think 2670 and 71 will move to Runcorn or Wales due to the sister vehicles (2669 in Runcorn, 2663-2668 in Chester)
Do we know which operators have taken on the school/college contracts Arriva were operating? Hopefully they've been covered!

It's been reported D&G are in the process of taking on the lease for the Macclesfield depot and the Arriva manager from there has transferred to D&G. It also seems there's an ongoing dispute between Unite and Arriva: https://www.route-one.net/news/arriva-ex...s-move-in/
(24/04/2023 16:53)knutstransport Wrote:  Do we know which operators have taken on the school/college contracts Arriva were operating? Hopefully they've been covered!

It's been reported D&G are in the process of taking on the lease for the Macclesfield depot and the Arriva manager from there has transferred to D&G. It also seems there's an ongoing dispute between Unite and Arriva: https://www.route-one.net/news/arriva-ex...s-move-in/

Wasn’t the College Contracts not moved to Chester Depot, I’m sure i heard somewhere that some of the deckers were moved to Chester for college routes

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)