Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva orders 2016/17
RE: Arriva orders 2016/17
(11/04/2017 22:48)TheShire Wrote:  Alright then just stick to poor frequent service as St Helens Rider pointed out.

*Thumbs up*

I didn't say that at all. I have said numerous times I think the 7 needs upgrading to every 20 minutes or it needs upgrading with larger vehicles if the 30 minute frequency was retained. As the 7 is at the moment the frequency is too low and the Pulsars which operate the route are too small - personally I think the frequency increase is far more likely to happen but only time is going to tell

I'm sorry but Huyton does not need any more circular services - especially on the routes you have proposed. It already has the dedicated 8/9 circular service with the 7 and 10B also providing capacity between the city centre, Edge Lane and other parts of Huyton. The 6 was withdrawn because of low passenger numbers (with those who did use the 6 now using alternative services) so a replacement for the 6 isn't needed now and it's unlikely it ever will be
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/04/2017 23:22)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I didn't say that at all. I have said numerous times I think the 7 needs upgrading to every 20 minutes or it needs upgrading with larger vehicles if the 30 minute frequency was retained. As the 7 is at the moment the frequency is too low and the Pulsars which operate the route are too small - personally I think the frequency increase is far more likely to happen but only time is going to tell

I'm sorry but Huyton does not need any more circular services - especially on the routes you have proposed. It already has the dedicated 8/9 circular service with the 7 and 10B also providing capacity between the city centre, Edge Lane and other parts of Huyton. The 6 was withdrawn because of low passenger numbers (with those who did use the 6 now using alternative services) so a replacement for the 6 isn't needed now and it's unlikely it ever will be

I do apologies for snapping. Had a long 12 hour shift yesterday and kept burning myself at work didn't helped either.

I get the picture now about Huyton, I don't live there so i couldn't really tell what its like on a day to day basic thats why i came up with this proposal. And yes you and myself can agree on one thing about the 7. A 20 mins frequency makes sense. The only problem with it is between Huyton - Warrington where the numbers are low as i have been on full journey a number of times. My other solution to the 7 is to increase to every 15 minutes with 2 (7H as a example) terminate at Huyton/Elizabeth Rd and the other 2 (7) to Warrington. If 30mins retains then double deck would be ideal to ease capacity between Huyton and City especially at peaktimes. Sapphire X1 also has the same problem.

And @ MPTE

Service 15 less frequent than 10B? Explain this..
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/s...n=outbound
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/s...n=outbound
(12/04/2017 10:53)TheShire Wrote:  I do apologies for snapping. Had a long 12 hour shift yesterday and kept burning myself at work didn't helped either.

Don't worry about it. We all have our bad days
Here's the first new Enviro 200 MMC

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N...cXs-Tc4H1v

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)