Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Burton Sold to Midland Classic?
Arriva Burton Sold to Midland Classic?
Arriva have confirmed they are in talks with Midland Classic regarding the sale of their Burton Depot and except to sell it in July:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Arriva-talks...2HLXfJ5.01

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva Burton Sold to Midland Classic?
This will make Midland Classic seem like the 21st century Stephenson's. It would look like the opposite decision to when Arriva took over Midland, previously Midland Choice Travel.

I wonder whether this will encourage competition from Trent Barton or even National Express West Midlands? West Midlands Travel ran a few services in Burton in 1994, but this was in retaliation to Stephenson's with all their routes in the West Midlands.
Find all posts by this user
Midland classic take over on 28th August

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
That'll explain Arriva's changes registered on VOSA yesterday with the 9/9A and X38 transferring to other Arriva depots.

PC1116467/22 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Derby, Victoria Street
Finish Point: Burton Town Centre
Via: A38
Service Number: X38
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 28-AUG-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PF0007085/163 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Variation Accepted: Operating between Coalville and Burton Upon Trent given service number 9 effective from 28-Aug-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0007085/171 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Variation Accepted: Operating between Coalville and Burton Upon Trent given service number 9A effective from 28-Aug-2016. To amend Timetable.

PF0007085/173 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Variation Accepted: Operating between Coalville and Leicester given service number 29x/29A effective from 28-Aug-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
Something for us to see on the August Bank Holiday. I won't be going there though!
(05/07/2016 19:31)SF07 Wrote:  That'll explain Arriva's changes registered on VOSA yesterday with the 9/9A and X38 transferring to other Arriva depots.

PC1116467/22 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Derby, Victoria Street
Finish Point: Burton Town Centre
Via: A38
Service Number: X38
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 28-AUG-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PF0007085/163 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Variation Accepted: Operating between Coalville and Burton Upon Trent given service number 9 effective from 28-Aug-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PF0007085/171 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Variation Accepted: Operating between Coalville and Burton Upon Trent given service number 9A effective from 28-Aug-2016. To amend Timetable.

PF0007085/173 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, 4 WESTMORELAND, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
Variation Accepted: Operating between Coalville and Leicester given service number 29x/29A effective from 28-Aug-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

The 9/9A & 29X/29A is basically a through route from Leicester to Burton, changing numbers at Coalville. I'm assuming this will continue from 28th August. Will have to wait & see.
(10/07/2016 08:56)pete tierney Wrote:  The 9/9A & 29X/29A is basically a through route from Leicester to Burton, changing numbers at Coalville. I'm assuming this will continue from 28th August. Will have to wait & see.

I believe the plan is for these routes to be worked off Coalville outstation.

The X38 will be operated from Derby depot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)