Current time: 24/04/2024, 14:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach 2016/17 orders
RE: Stagecoach 2016/17 orders
order announced today http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-rel...04-11.aspx

Details of the new orders are as follows:

UK REGIONAL OPERATIONS

278 ADL MMC Enviro400 double-deckers
71 ADL MMC Enviro200 single-deckers
13 ADL MMC Enviro200 midibuses
11 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite 6x2
2 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite 4x2
1 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite i
30 Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 minibuses
6 Optare Solo SR Slimline minibuses
MEGABUS.COM OPERATIONS

7 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite i
6 Van Hool Astromega double-deckers
LONDON OPERATIONS

37 ADL MMC Enviro400 Hybrid double-deckers
3 ADL MMC Enviro400 double-deckers
13 ADL MMC Enviro200 single deckers

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/04/2016 10:37)gka472l Wrote:  order announced today http://www.stagecoach.com/media/news-rel...04-11.aspx

Details of the new orders are as follows:

UK REGIONAL OPERATIONS

278 ADL MMC Enviro400 double-deckers
71 ADL MMC Enviro200 single-deckers
13 ADL MMC Enviro200 midibuses
11 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite 6x2
2 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite 4x2
1 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite i
30 Mercedes Benz Sprinter City 45 minibuses
6 Optare Solo SR Slimline minibuses
MEGABUS.COM OPERATIONS

7 Volvo B11/R Plaxton Elite i
6 Van Hool Astromega double-deckers
LONDON OPERATIONS

37 ADL MMC Enviro400 Hybrid double-deckers
3 ADL MMC Enviro400 double-deckers
13 ADL MMC Enviro200 single deckers

HTH

It will be intresting to see what goes where especially them sprinters
(11/04/2016 10:51)E208 WBG Wrote:  It will be intresting to see what goes where especially them sprinters

Not much comfort for Optare in these orders, maybe the Solo is just too well built and doesn't wear out!
Had a peek at the Mercedes web site, the sprinter minibuses (They do have a mid-section low floor) seem to be the sort of vehicles used at Airports for Hotel/Car park/Crew shuttles rather than Stage carriage work, they can be equipped with a wheelchair lift, I wonder if they are for a special contract somewhere?
My quick 'bag of a fag packet' calculation is that there are more than enough E400MMC to replace all Olympians and Tridents up to X reg, thereby replacing all pre 2001(non DDA) 'Decker stock, although some could survive on 'closed contracts'.
Those Sprinters are the same model HTL has (only with the new front I expect), Stagecoach Scotland (not sure which depot) did have a Mercedes Sprinter City 45 demo last year so perhaps for up there?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(11/04/2016 11:22)buses7675 Wrote:  Those Sprinters are the same model HTL has (only with the new front I expect), Stagecoach Scotland (not sure which depot) did have a Mercedes Sprinter City 45 demo last year so perhaps for up there?

St.Andrews had the demo for 4 weeks, but I don't recall it getting particularly good reviews from the passenger perspective.
(11/04/2016 11:22)buses7675 Wrote:  Those Sprinters are the same model HTL has (only with the new front I expect), Stagecoach Scotland (not sure which depot) did have a Mercedes Sprinter City 45 demo last year so perhaps for up there?

Did it not also visit Gilmoss?, but not used!, with a view as a possible replacement for the LDV minibuses.
how long will it be before list of allocations is published?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(11/04/2016 18:43)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Did it not also visit Gillmoss?, but not used!, with a view as a possible replacement for the LDV minibuses.

The minibus that visited Gillmoss was a Fiat Ducato/Bluebird Orion - As you mention this didn't go into service however it did go to HTL shortly after and was used in service with them.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
There appears to be an elegant dividing line whereby mainstream buses are all ADL, and MMC models at that, coaches all Volvo and minibuses all Optare.

I notice that Scania do not get a look-in this year. Could any Enviro400-MMCs be used for Gold services I wonder?
There's 65 Gold buses - a 40/25 split between Enviro400s and Enviro200s (11.9m). They are all MMCs as ADL no longer sell the "classic" Enviro range. Any recent deliveries have simply been long-standing orders running through.

Scania don't get a look in because of their refusal to fit electric cooling fans to their engines; Stagecoach have taken the decision that it's not worth the extra expense and hassle of having an external contractor do it, and dropped Scania.

Look out for Volvo starting to appear over the next few years again - they seem very keen to win back Stagecoach's business...

The Optare portion of this years order is very small - just 6 units for Norfolk Green, and even then that's only because of the slimline requirement. It's very telling that Stagecoach are prepared to put more money into a mostly unproven vehicle combo - the Mercedes Sprinters - than with one of their long-time suppliers (Optare).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)