Current time: 24/04/2024, 00:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach 2016/17 orders
RE: Stagecoach 2016/17 orders
Ignoring a tiny number of 'oddities' & the London fleet, the oldest post DDA single-deckers in the Stagecoach fleet are now: -
03 reg MAN/ALX300 = 12/13 years old.
& 53 reg Dart/Pointer SLF 11/12 years old.
Will be interesting to see how many single-decks they order this year, they could if they so wish take a S/D 'replacement holiday', unlikely I admit.

Clearly with the DDA deadline for 'Deckers just 12 months away, we can expect a sizeable order for D/Decks, although if the Cambridge proposal for 89 Hybrids gets the green light, that's a sizeable fleet for cascade.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
No; the only '51 regs from East being withdrawn are the 10 from Cambridge (displaced by ex-busway B7RLEs), most of which have gone to Manchester.

The 2 older MAN ALX300s at Cumbria that have been certified (or will be) are 22269 and 22149; both of which were reseated (with Practico high backs) and seatbelted. A few of the recently withdrawn MANs from Morecambe may also get certified for the reserve fleet - just in case!
(06/01/2016 21:52)Dentonian Wrote:  There are quite a few MANs older than 03 reg. Manchester now have 15x 51 reg (all ex East) - nine of which have recently arrived to replace X reg examples at Middleton. I've also read elsewhere that a small number of Cumbria & North Lancs (a couple of S reg and an X reg, iirc) are being modified. Are the remaining '51 regs at East being withdrawn?
You beat me to it, I should have said the 50 '51 reg with East and East Kent, I assume that these will be due for replacement on the basis of age, although how and with what I do not know.
(07/01/2016 08:38)Southernsofty Wrote:  You beat me to it, I should have said the 50 '51 reg with East and East Kent, I assume that these will be due for replacement on the basis of age, although how and with what I do not know.
50 reg? Bus of the Future?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(08/01/2016 07:07)childwallblues Wrote:  50 reg? Bus of the Future?
Thats 50 (Total) 51 reg.

On a separate point, am I right in thinking that Scania haven't currently got a EURO 6 Double deck chassis available for the UK market?
No. Scania have a full range of Euro6 engines and by extension, chassis. Look out for some Scania E400MMC Euro6 vehicles for Stagecoach in the next few months.

The DC9 (CNG) is now rated at 280bhp (up from 270 at E5) with an option for 320bhp.
Meanwhile the diesel version of the engine starts at 250bhp (up from 230 at E5) which options through to 360bhp.
(02/01/2016 13:28)mbonwick Wrote:  No. The announcement is normally the back end of January, though this year it may even be as late as March as there ia still a full delivery progamme up until then.

I presume there is still no update on this Mbonwick?
Nope, but I have a feeling the announcement isn't far off...
I would not bet on it. Last I heard the big groups were reluctant to make further substantial investment on their fleets as there are currently too many unknowns as to how The Buses Bill will affect them ... obviously any outstanding decker DDA requirement will need to get fulfilled
(24/03/2016 15:44)steve517757 Wrote:  I would not bet on it. Last I heard the big groups were reluctant to make further substantial investment on their fleets as there are currently too many unknowns as to how The Buses Bill will affect them ... obviously any outstanding decker DDA requirement will need to get fulfilled

As you say, 'Deckers aside, companies are in a position where they could take a bit of a vehicle investment mini-break, whether they would be wise to do so is another matter!
It will be interesting to see FirstBuses new vehicle order for 2016/17 and whether many W & X reg Tridents/B7TLs get upgraded to DDA standards for a few more years life?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)