Current time: 02/06/2024, 14:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Arriva Decker Influx
RE: The Arriva Decker Influx
Once again sorry for the moan about winsford folks, I'm really just echoing comments made by a few drivers I've chatted to in past year or so. Yh the B7s are decent buses as are the geminis, the centros however have given us a lotta probs since new though.

They regularly take 3/4 + attempts to start up, plus at least 2 have needed new engines. Thankfully their reliabilty has improved lately, I'd say if anything the cadets might poss be replaced as their the oldest now on 54regs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/11/2014 22:51)33109 Wrote:  Once again sorry for the moan about winsford folks, I'm really just echoing comments made by a few drivers I've chatted to in past year or so. Yh the B7s are decent buses as are the geminis, the centros however have given us a lotta probs since new though.

They regularly take 3/4 + attempts to start up, plus at least 2 have needed new engines. Thankfully their reliabilty has improved lately, I'd say if anything the cadets might poss be replaced as their the oldest now on 54regs.

The majority of buses with them awful Cummins engines in take forever to start once they are warm.
(12/11/2014 16:00)507009 Wrote:  Well there are the four VLWs which are a few years older than the Commanders at Speke but yes, it's generally a modern fleet now. I'd agree that further new double deckers are likely in the future, potentially for the 75.

It's also not as if Winsford and Macclesfield outstation haven't had investment, either - you've got the three Gemini 2s and the ten (initially eight) Solo SRs. With the Cadets and Centros which aren't particularly old as well as the B7TLs from Southport, it's a reasonably modern fleet now at Winsford which isn't bad for one of the smaller, more rural depots.
Oh yes forgot about the VLWs. Only ever seem to see them on the 81.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
For a route to gain new vehicles the route as to generate enough revenue to pay for them so in turn if they spend £5 million on new buses for a route they would expect that route to make high enough revenue plus profit to pay for them but routes that dont make the grade get the cast offs unfortunatly
Motormayhem1

I'd say realistically there's only 2 maybe 3 routes which winsford operate that'd nake the grade. Our biggest earners are the #84 chester & #38 crewe routes rake in most takings I reckon.

The rest are rural routes such as the 37/31 duties between crewe, northwich & winsford then rest are locals which are comparitively small earners. IIRC its 2608/2610 are the centros which needed new engines, dunno what manufacture they are only know em as VDL.
In addition to the 26 for St Helens, 11 for Green Lane & 16 for Bootle, a posting elsewhere mentions 8 for Chester for the 10? not heard that before.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(03/12/2014 09:57)gka472l Wrote:  In addition to the 26 for St Helens, 11 for Green Lane & 16 for Bootle, a posting elsewhere mentions 8 for Chester for the 10? not heard that before.

I heard this a few months back from an Arriva driver so could be true.
I reckon they're expecting a bit of a scrap in the Deeside area.
I think this answers your question folks! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...0441587487

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wouldnt of thought deckers were needed, possibly just a 40ft bus. Sapphires seating capacity is lower than your standard decker as well isnt it?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)