Current time: 27/09/2024, 20:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
Im not surprised at all. The management were terrible! Poor old Impera though. I liked their fleet and the drivers on the whole were very friendly. What will happen to the busses?
Find all posts by this user
Impera did inform its drivers to cease trading at 17:00 today, but a meeting tomorrow morning will be the answer as to whether it's the end of Impera or not.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ironic that they feature in this weeks route-one magazine http://www.route-one.net/issues/507/index.html
(02/10/2013 20:26)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Impera did inform its drivers to cease trading at 17:00 today, but a meeting tomorrow morning will be the answer as to whether it's the end of Impera or not.

In that case I think that nothing else should be posted until we get official Information via Merseytravel, Vosa or Impera

(02/10/2013 20:27)afv163y Wrote:  Ironic that they feature in this weeks route-one magazine http://www.route-one.net/issues/507/index.html

Very interesting read indeed nice pic of 2179 in it...reading this I defiantly can not see impera going anywhere anytime soon

(02/10/2013 20:16)jtd508110 Wrote:  The management were terrible!

I am sorry I do not agree with this comment at all... MSteens and His Managment and office team do A very good job, just look at the 31/31A, 39, 98 they know exactly what they are doing and with these routes and very good luck to them I can see Impera being around for A long time still I will still support them like I have since they started 3 years ago
Maybe you havnt been standing there like an idiot waiting for a bus service to show up that has been withdrawn with no prior notice. That for me is poor management and lack of care for the customer. I noticed in the article that it mentioned that "passengers aren't bothered if their bus is 2 years old or 12 years old" - I do agree with this, but what I dont agree with is the lack of care they showed for customers.
Another one bites the dust.
They had plenty of promise but ultimately ran before they could walk.

Shame but they didn't respect their customers or legislation when they abandoned services without going through the proper protocol.
Word that I have heared off the grapevine is recievers will be in tomorrow at 9am and investors at 11am. I hope it survives even though it has had its ups and downs
Just to let you all know I resigned as transport manager on Monday morning for professional reasons
(02/10/2013 22:22)E208 WBG Wrote:  
(02/10/2013 20:26)KU02 YUH Wrote:  Impera did inform its drivers to cease trading at 17:00 today, but a meeting tomorrow morning will be the answer as to whether it's the end of Impera or not.

In that case I think that nothing else should be posted until we get official Information via Merseytravel, Vosa or Impera

(02/10/2013 20:27)afv163y Wrote:  Ironic that they feature in this weeks route-one magazine http://www.route-one.net/issues/507/index.html

Very interesting read indeed nice pic of 2179 in it...reading this I defiantly can not see impera going anywhere anytime soon

(02/10/2013 20:16)jtd508110 Wrote:  The management were terrible!

I am sorry I do not agree with this comment at all... MSteens and His Managment and office team do A very good job, just look at the 31/31A, 39, 98 they know exactly what they are doing and with these routes and very good luck to them I can see Impera being around for A long time still I will still support them like I have since they started 3 years ago

Andy, have you not read Michael's post, regardless of what is in the magazine, his post said ceased trading. Ceased means stopped, so unless somebody invests or buys out impera are finished. As for running of services, well sudden cancellation of services long before the official cancellation date is anything but good management, if Arriva or stagecoach done this they would rightfully get criticism, so in that respect it was shambolic. Now I hope something gets sorted for them purely for the employees who right now are facing unemployment at a time when it is difficult to get another job. Also one more thing Andy, a couple of posts back you said that you didnt like Impera, and yet in your latest you are saying that you do, so you have contradicted yourself. Make your mind up, you either did like them or didnt.
From MERSEYTRAVEL:

Impera Buses, who ran bus services throughout the Wirral area and some cross-river buses to and from Liverpool, have ceased trading.

Impera ran the following services:

31, 31A, 39, 39C, 98, 107, 164, 165, 203, 207, 213, 608, 620, 621, 625, 628, 633, 635, 636, 637, 643, 662, 664, 703 and 711.

We are currently seeking replacement bus operators for all contracted services.

We'll keep this page updated throughout the day as we get further news.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)