Current time: 29/06/2024, 03:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(10/06/2013 11:11)wirralbus Wrote:  Time now after these alterations for the company to settle down , how many times do you see the likes of Stagecoach and arriva alter routes to a large extent , they usually just leave it to about once a year , people do not like change when it comes to travel habits .

That's true, but the bigger companies can afford to absorb any routes that are not quite making money, whereas the smaller company probably can't. That said, this company just seems to make change after change after change and really I'm quite glad that I don't have to use this company for that reason.
Find all posts by this user
The 31/31A will also be every 30 minutes on evenings and sundays and the 31A/411 is extened to/from Liverpool
(10/06/2013 10:22)busdude Wrote:  I hope not to, but by the looks of it, i have a feeling that it will be extended to serve to Saughall Massie omitting town Meadow, and travelling up Hoylake road. Kind of makes sense because of the 47 not serving there anymore and the 39 serving town meadow again.
Well, it doesn't make ANY sense to me! People are using the 98 to and/or from Town Meadow Lane to places which the 39 doesn't serve. Just because the 47 won't serve Saughall Massie and the 39 will serve Town Meadow Lane again, it doesn't mean that 98 should go to Saughall Massie and omit Town Meadow Lane. Each service has its own purpose.

If the change is an extension from Town Meadow Lane to Saughall Massie (maybe, people have complained about the withdrawal of the old 47 link?), then good luck to Impera. I just hope that the current route and times aren't modified too much.
(07/06/2013 22:43)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(07/06/2013 16:17)KU02 YUH Wrote:  On Sundays, this leaves Birkenhead Bus Station just after the Merseytravel 203, which also runs to Arrowe Park Hospital with cheaper fares
Hmmm 47 departs just after the 203, more like 12 minutes after the 203, the 47 is 14-44 from Birkenhead whilst the 203 is 02-32, although the first 47 is 6:14am whilst 203 is 7:02am.
Sorry - regarding the 203 timetable, I made a mistake (everybody makes them...).

Still, would it not have made sense to schedule the 47 just before the 203 in Birkenhead Bus Station to catch passengers heading to Arrowe Park Hospital? A small advantage of the 47 is that it goes inside of Arrowe Park Hospital, whereas the 203 stops on the main road outside.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The 47 and 203 operate two totally different routes though so there is little point in doing that .

The 47 being commercial early on Sunday mornings now i think it will be a matter of time before that is cut back , i have yet to see any bus have more than a handful of people on it at that hour .

I suspect that Avon will be looking at these alterations with a beady eye again , I actually see this as an independent shoot out now and only one of them will come out a victor .
31/31A timetable

Follow me on flickr
(10/06/2013 18:38)busdude Wrote:  31/31A timetable
With the 31 being extended to run to and from Cook Street in Liverpool, I wonder if the 98's route-change is also for this (and I hope that it's this and only this!).

I must say that these new timetables have gone online quickly compared to the last few times!

(10/06/2013 19:49)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(10/06/2013 18:38)busdude Wrote:  31/31A timetable
I wonder if the 98's route-change is also for this (and I hope that it's this and only this!).

Most probably. As long as there still is a connection between Beechwood and Moreton with the 98 im not too bothered (and an added bonus if an evening service is introduced but i doubt that will happen)

Follow me on flickr
An evening service may bring competition on various sections of the route between Merseytravel tendered operators and a commercial operator , never a good idea , just the impetus Merseytravel needs to start cutting subsidies in this time of austerity.
On the second-to-last day of the 101, I managed to snap both services together as a memorial shot (those being the 101 and the 411):
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/michaelmills.1996/20991335

2511 has now been named "Jane Howard" - something which S365 ONL used to feature:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/michaelmills.1996/20990333

2526 was the first member of the fleet to have Day/Weekly/Monthly Pass advertisements put onto it:
http://www.ipernity.com/doc/michaelmills.1996/20993701

Route 15/16 timetable

route 16 now runs as a circular service with service 15, and will now serve Breck Road and Poulton Road. And will now come every 30 minutes

Route 98 timetable
Route 98 will now serve Millhouse Lane in Moreton and is re-routed to serve Oxton road instead of Borough Road. One extra evening service is introduced leaving Moreton at 18:00 and Leaving Liverpool at 18:45

Follow me on flickr
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)