Current time: 27/09/2024, 20:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
An Alexander Royale, possibly 3429, is on the 47 today.
Find all posts by this user
(09/02/2013 14:30)N301 CKB Wrote:  An Alexander Royale, possibly 3429, is on the 47 today.
A source on Facebook mentioned this earlier today. I presume that it's on there because of the amount of single-deckers that are awaiting maintenance (of some kind), although I could be wrong.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Missed that - I got to ride on 2031 - a shed of a dart, on the 47 earlier. While it was effectively my own private taxi, every time it stopped it vibrated most violently.
Earlier this week an Impera Dart, (not sure which one exactly, didn't manage to catch the reg) went to Arriva birkenhead for MOT. Whilst having its MOT, its water pump failed and the bus then overheated. It then got taken over to the back wall by T1141 and was picked up the day after by Impera.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(10/02/2013 11:37)R874 ERE Wrote:  Earlier this week an Impera Dart, (not sure which one exactly, didn't manage to catch the reg) went to Arriva birkenhead for MOT. Whilst having its MOT, its water pump failed and the bus then overheated. It then got taken over to the back wall by T1141 and was picked up the day after by Impera.

just to set the record straight the bus in question was not at arriva for MOT, the water pump failed whilst in service on the 47 in Birkenhead. To save recovery Colin at arriva kindly allowed us to park the vehicle in there depot whilst we awaited the part from ADL. Our fitter then fitted the part at arriva's depot...
(11/02/2013 09:27)msteens Wrote:  just to set the record straight the bus in question was not at arriva for MOT, the water pump failed whilst in service on the 47 in Birkenhead. To save recovery Colin at arriva kindly allowed us to park the vehicle in there depot whilst we awaited the part from ADL. Our fitter then fitted the part at arriva's depot...

Thanks for clearing that up, the fitter that told me must have heard half of the story and assumed the rest - apologies.

I think the 47 is in a definate need of a timetable change, i waited for the 12:21 service from birkenhead and just before it pulled into the station the 407 and 418 where already pulled up collecting passengers who are travelling towards moreton or beechwood. Therefore leaving no passengers for the 47. If it was to come 2/3 minutes earlier it would definatley boost passenger numbers

Follow me on flickr
thing is if you change the times for it to suit one place it will affect another place on the route

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(14/02/2013 13:34)bolton bus basher Wrote:  thing is if you change the times for it to suit one place it will affect another place on the route

I get what you mean but the thing is with the 47 is that its closely timetabled to other services in other places, for example in claughton village, the 38 & 47 both come at 28 & 58 moreton bound, on the beechwood, by the post office the 47 comes at 07 & 37, where as the 418 comes at 06 & 36. If it was to come literally 2/3 minutes before it will be able to get a few more passengers, and doesnt really effect the time table too much

Follow me on flickr
(14/02/2013 13:34)bolton bus basher Wrote:  thing is if you change the times for it to suit one place it will affect another place on the route

Also timing it just minutes before the 407/418 at Birkenhead bus station would provoke Arriva, which in the long run wouldn't help matters and would most likely just cause the management at Arriva to try and put Impera out of the running completley.

I would imagine over the next few weeks/months, Mr Steens will monitor progress on the 47 and re-time and alter it where needed.

Instead of just 2 minutes in front of a 407/418 at the bus station, slot it 15 minutes earlier/later - thus making it a more even service for the passengers and operators.

It has been mentioned though, altering it for the better in one area may cock things up elsewhere, over time any improvements that can be made no doubt will be made

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)