Current time: 15/06/2024, 07:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(10/07/2016 21:49)33109 Wrote:  Are any of the ex jpt buses still with stagecoach? I've seen a couple but looks as though they're been thinned out.

The plaxton primo at hyde road is ex jpt, nice little buses really, similar size to a solo just slightly older.

The enviro300's are but I can't speak for the rest
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Enviro 300s are the only JPT Buses left in front like Service now, the B7 Deckers are in Reserve and the Primos are for sale, rest are scrapped now i think

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/07/2016 00:02)T42 PVM Wrote:  The Enviro 300s are the only JPT Buses left in front like Service now, the B7 Deckers are in Reserve and the Primos are for sale, rest are scrapped now i think

It wasn't a substantial fleet to begin with but its amazing how stagecoach managed to consolidate over 20 years of history into just 2 buses, shows how the JPT fleet declined really and just how many heaps were brought in.
(09/07/2016 21:09)Dentonian Wrote:  Just been advised that (in practice at least) 17497 is a Middleton bus, and further Enviro400s have transferred from Ashton this very day. Full details to follow, hopefully.

I have also noted 19112 and 19113 n Middleton routes recently.
(10/07/2016 14:59)Dentonian Wrote:  I think you mean 47*5*59 (MX08 GJJ), which is still supposedly in service at AZ alongside 47618-20. Just making sure you don't mean 47751, which I have as "unallocated". I think this went on loan to Lincolnshire or somewhere, but has probably now returned.

47752 now has a nice little job as a information bus in wales (nobody has mentioned this yet) image seen on flickr 5 days ago
https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshpete2...049758952/
(11/07/2016 08:27)james Wrote:  47752 now has a nice little job as a information bus in wales (nobody has mentioned this yet) image seen on flickr 5 days ago

Looks really good for its age. Solo's do polish up well I thought they were all tatty sheds when they got old but it just seems to be First not being bothered about a scruffy bus.
Yh first don't take any pride hardly in their fleet whereas 90% of the time stagecoach do. Other 10% they can be scruffy if they ain't been cleaned in a couple of days but assume they'll at minimum get internal clean daily?

Solos always polish up nice, some have been re-done internally with enviro 400 style seats which are a big improvement. The JPT fleet went sharpish as most of it was knackered as was, particularly the dennis tridents & they also had 1 or 2 non DDA olympians. Hopefully the primos are sold on as they're alright buses, we've had em round here in the macclesfield/cheshire area.

Lasted well & although they're a slightly odd layout & the single door can be a bit slow opening they were quite nippy!!!

Also are the lolyne bodied tridents still with us? Always loved em & the single leaf folding door was an unusual feature along with the window on the stairs.
(11/07/2016 08:27)james Wrote:  47752 now has a nice little job as a information bus in wales (nobody has mentioned this yet) image seen on flickr 5 days ago

That is a nice surprise, this is shown on the online fleet list as being in reserve at Manchester!!
(11/07/2016 13:22)33109 Wrote:  Hopefully the primos are sold on as they're alright buses, we've had em round here in the macclesfield/cheshire area.

Lasted well & although they're a slightly odd layout & the single door can be a bit slow opening they were quite nippy!!!

I heard this before about the Primo's. I personally, think they look a dam sight better then a Solo!
(11/07/2016 13:22)33109 Wrote:  Also are the lolyne bodied tridents still with us? Always loved em & the single leaf folding door was an unusual feature along with the window on the stairs.

I believe they still are but after removal from magic bus service they are now wearing standard livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)