Current time: 11/06/2024, 02:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
16978/971 if those are the ex JPT buses I'm thinking of; then they're both set for Scotland as they meet their vehicle specs or something
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/02/2015 12:23)jimbo Wrote:  16978/971 if those are the ex JPT buses I'm thinking of; then they're both set for Scotland as they meet their vehicle specs or something

They are indeed the ex-JPT buses, the only two of the deckers in put into Stagecoach livery
The problem (as it's been explained to me by a stagecoach employee), is that Manchester want rid as their dogged with problems and are non standard, Scotland are happy to have them but as Middleton needs a certain amount of deckers for schools, until they actually replace them at Middleton there stuck with them.

It's actually the red ALX that seems to cause the confusion. One minute it's withdrawn then it's seen out in service, then it's going to Scotland with the presidents, then it's staying lol.

Given the number of withdrawn 'standard' Tridents withdrawn at Wigan, surly it would have been perfect to spend some money on a few of them, paint them into corporate livery and replace the non standard deckers at Middleton with them.
(21/02/2015 10:46)Owl Wrote:  Some interesting vehicles out and about this morning from Middleton. 26130 seen in service ( for the first time by me) on the 112, as was 16949. 16971 out and about, albeit not in service. It seems as though reports of their withdrawal/transfer were a bit premature, as I would have thought that there were plenty of potential replacements in reserve at Wigan.

The B7's are on Staff Shuttles today since theres no Olympians here anymore, 26130 has been here a couple of weeks now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just as interesting today was the allocation from Stockport Depot especially for 7s as every single duty today on 7s was an Enviro 400 of some description, not sure this is the regular output on Saturdays now but its the first time I've seen the route with wall to wall Olympians
(21/02/2015 20:43)M60lad Wrote:  Just as interesting today was the allocation from Stockport Depot especially for 7s as every single duty today on 7s was an Enviro 400 of some description, not sure this is the regular output on Saturdays now but its the first time I've seen the route with wall to wall Olympians

The 7 I saw leaving Ashton at around 14.30/14.40 was an Enviro200 so certainly not all Enviro400's.

Incidentally I was surprised when a standard Enviro400 turned up on the 168 this afternoon. Infact due to it's late arrival I was able to see the next two workings heading to Ashton and they were both Enviro400's also - the first time in quite a while that the service hasn't been flooded with Magic Tridents - have the Metrolink replacements finished?
Yeah me and a friend were on 14:00 which was a Enviro400 but I do think that the Enviro200 you saw on the working behind ours was the only single deck working on there today Mayneway.

In reply to your Metrolink question yes I think Metrolink Replacements have finished for now, I know there wasn't any improvement work today as not sure if it was planned but the through service via and stopping at Victoria resumed from today
There's a Freshly repainted? or so my eyes tell me Alx400 51 Plater at Wigan any Ideas?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(22/02/2015 01:02)SLTRegular Wrote:  There's a Freshly repainted? or so my eyes tell me Alx400 51 Plater at Wigan any Ideas?

Magic or corporate livery?
(22/02/2015 01:02)SLTRegular Wrote:  There's a Freshly repainted? or so my eyes tell me Alx400 51 Plater at Wigan any Ideas?

17493 and 17567, both freshly repainted in Corporate livery, were visible at Wigan depot yesterday afternoon. There were others but I could only see the tops from the main gate as they were hidden by parked buses. I walked round to where the Solos were parked but did not venture any further round - it was muddy, very muddy. I assume you can get right round the far fence at the far right hand side as you face into the depot from Lockett Road. There seemed to be some Enviro400s - in Magic Bus colours? - along that fence but again only the tops visible.

Incidentally 10031, 19089,19520 and 19522 which I had seen on Metrolink replacement last Tuesday were back at Wigan yesterday along with 22228 and 22231, both of which were working 112/118s last Tuesday from Middleton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)