Current time: 13/06/2024, 12:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(31/07/2012 05:35)ace Wrote:  The only other options would be if the 59's moved to Hyde Road or Sharston and some of the 58/09's moved to Ashton, but I can't see that happening. Or possibly just keep the 08's they've loaned recently.
The 59's seem to do ok on the 192, but there's no hills on that route, at least not between Piccadilly and Stockport. Maybe they should send them to East Midlands instead. Smile

It's a tough one, I'm sure on the other AZ services they perform quite well. The 216 is fairly flat as is the 330.

If the rumours are true about the remaining MANs going after the Olympics it will be interesting to see what replaces them on the 236/7's and not forgetting the 217/218s.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 347's stayed d/d operated, freeing up Enviro200's possibly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
If the MAN's go altogether I think there is a fair possibility the 347 could go completely double decker permanently. It's busy enough to warrant it at times anyway. The 11 reg Enviro200's would then go on the less busy routes.
I think the 2 53 reg darts may be looked at as well. 28507 in particular seems in a pretty bad way despite its recent engine replacement. It doesn't seem fit to continue on the 217 to me.
I got a pic of 27501 back in march;
[Image: 6989280356_c5af880d2d.jpg]
27501 by 8304(MNC 504W) TE (was jonesy3001), on Flickr
(01/08/2012 05:27)ace Wrote:  If the MAN's go altogether I think there is a fair possibility the 347 could go completely double decker permanently. It's busy enough to warrant it at times anyway. The 11 reg Enviro200's would then go on the less busy routes.
I think the 2 53 reg darts may be looked at as well. 28507 in particular seems in a pretty bad way despite its recent engine replacement. It doesn't seem fit to continue on the 217 to me.

As a big Mayne's fan for many years I've tried to follow most of 'the final fleet' with their new owners, and it always amazes me that 28506/7 have lasted so long in the Manchester fleet. They have been withdrawn several times and when the 7 moved back to ST they were both earmarked for cascade to another group or even sold. Infact when 28507's engine blew a couple of stagecoach sources were adamant it would be scrapped, and yet it was repaired and put back into service.

I doubt they will be around for much longer owing to their condition, not only do they look and sound rough, but there is bits hanging off inside.
I think the only reason it was put back into service was because of the Olympics. Had they not happened it would have been scrapped.
I thought it would have been a spare for the 345 as it was in such a bad way, that being a slightly easier route, but having spent the money I suppose they thought they'd better make it worthwhile.
We could have 2 big football matches at Old Trafford next week, with both the men and the ladies topping their groups for Team GB.
Another chance for 'Team Stagecoach' to shine Smile
Just after I reported routes 23/ 23a going single-deck, I saw double-deckers back on these routes on July 23rd. Maybe the MANs were a stop-gap until the Newcastle Enviro 400 loans entered service. I rode one to Piccadilly on route 192 on the way to catching the coach to Newcastle, honest! Back to route 23a, and I saw a Spectra on it yesterday.
They just were not adequate for the growth in them routes
are all the Eviro 200 buses going to London reported gone all ready are 36416/17/18/20/27/28/29/30/82/85
No - afaik the ones that have gone are all that are going.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)