Current time: 01/07/2024, 07:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(10/05/2013 20:49)R557 ABA Wrote:  I was landed at Moreton Cross waiting for a 39 to get to Liscard Village for over 76 minutes of which when one did finally turn up it was a Dennis Dart SLF that had only passed through Moreton Cross some 12 minutes earlier.

Having logged onto Facebook and found their page it states;
"Impera regret to inform that due to vehicle malfunction, the 1238 service off West Kirby, 1326 service off New Brighton and 1408 service off West Kirby will fail to operate. We sincerely apologise for this and any problems caused. The error has no been rectified and the 1456 off New Brighton will operate as scheduled."
This board was operated by the Pulsar, YJ59 AZA, which fell ill with suspension issues and is, yet again, resting in the depot whilst awaiting attention from an Arriva Bus and Coach engineer... As a result of there being only two buses on the 39 for a few hours, I'm aware that (at least) one journey was dropped down to late-running.

1A-branded 2671 failed on the 39 tonight because of gearbox issues; the dreaded 2511 replaced it.

Finally, if I remember correctly, 2523 is to become a temporary driver-training bus whilst car drivers are trained to become bus drivers over the next few months.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/05/2013 21:16)N271CKB Wrote:  Why did you wait 76 mins, and not just jump the 413

Well I would've got the 413 but we were specifically waiting for Pulsar 2 which had actually failed, goodness knows what happened to the one in front or behind it though, the main thing is one eventually turned up. I have heard from my step dad (a bus driver himself) that he's noted quite a few breakdowns over the last few days himself.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
I have to say cancelling a service due to a vehicle issue and not having a spare as replacement does'nt give the public a good impression of the company, I know it looks like it was unavoidable but if it happened much more people just wouldnt wait for the service, even worse if you have bought a week/day pass.
Find all posts by this user
Got a text from my brother 30 minutes ago, saying he'd seen a 47 broken down, not to sure where exactly, Impera arent doing very well this week i must say

Follow me on flickr
Lets just move away from there reliability for a moment .

Of the routes 1A , 16 , 39 , 47 , 98 which ones have a future passenger wise .

I honestly think the 39 and 98 are the ones with a future.

Service 1A seems to follow the Arriva service for most of the route through Wallasey , just deviating to get into Birkenhead Town Centre .

Service 98 with some alterations to travel from Noctorum via Woodchurch Road to Balls Road AVOIDING Borough Road for the vast majority of its route so therefore not crossing swords with Arriva and First and giving Woodchurch Road (Oxton end ) a link to Liverpool for the first time .

Service 39 has proved its worth and can not believe that before this service was introduced its been so long since a service operated between the town major connurbations of the North wirral .
I think its hard to determine what Impera services are going to be successful or not. Most of their services are hit and miss, some journeys you see quite a few people aboard and others there's nobody on. For example the 1A and 47.
The 47 is slowly losing its popularity, last month its was being used a lot, and now it seems nobody is using it.
The 98 is very hard to determine as its only been around for a week and a half. Everytime i've been on it though i dont think there has been more than 10 people on board, which is surprising because it follows near enough the same route as the 492/495 and they always seem to be very good loadings. But their was once when the 98 was full last Saturday. Getting on S374 ONL has put me of using this service as its such a horrible bus to ride on, and im sure the public will think the same.
The 39 has average loadings
And i havent seen the 16 yet

Follow me on flickr
(11/05/2013 10:42)busdude Wrote:  Got a text from my brother 30 minutes ago, saying he'd seen a 47 broken down, not to sure where exactly, Impera arent doing very well this week i must say
That was 2187, which had to be towed in due to an engine fault (fifth bus in one week).

3317 substituted for a bus on the 16 this morning, but had to be brought in as its windscreen wipers were broke. 2031, the right-sized bus for this service, replaced it.

The Pulsar is most-probably not going to go out in service with Impera again as it's supposed to be going back on Monday and, if an engineer didn't arrive on a Saturday to fix it, I doubt that one will come out on a Sunday...!

Some news and updates which are in the pipeline:
- Major timetable changes, with apologetic notices on the entire fleet
- 39 to be extended from West Kirby to Heswall, but unsure on whether the service will resume serving Town Meadow Lane
- 1A to be renumbered 31 and 411 to be renumbered 34 to save confusion over the Arriva daytime service
- Friday and Saturday New Brighton to Liverpool service, but unsure on whether it's an extended 39 or 411
- Three ex-Lothian W-registered double-deckers due over the forthcoming year (first due in August), along with 52-plated Darts (Darts will replace ageing SPDs and it's pretty safe to say that the three 'deckers will replace the three working 'deckers!)

Thats very exciting news for Impera looking forward for the next few months now

Also I wonder if Impera will ever compete with Arriva and Stagecoach and create a Liverpool - Chester service. Maybe bring back the old X11 route to make a new direct service between Liverpool and Chester.
Also i dont know if anyone else agree's but i i think Impera should create a daytime service of the 165, but extend it to serve Liverpool and number it "65 or 465" and steal the 487/464 passengers.
I see real potential in these two services, it'll be good to see what else Impera have got up their sleeves for the rest of the year

Follow me on flickr
Busdude , im sure Impera wouldn't want to upset Stagecoach , a Liverpool - Chester service would require quite a few vehicles its not exactly down the road , with associated interworking to get drivers and vehicles changed.

I do wonder what the VA is on there licence , that may dictate how many routes they can operate at any one time .
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 43 Guest(s)