Current time: 01/07/2024, 06:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(01/03/2013 20:05)wirralbus Wrote:  
(01/03/2013 20:01)3111 Wrote:  
(01/03/2013 19:57)moreton407 Wrote:  New timetable for the 47 now on Merseytravel website, curtailed to operate Birkenhead-Saughall Massie only.
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

To be honest, that's not a massive deal. When I've rode on the service between Saughall Massie and Moreton, there's either been nobody on-board or just one or two who boarded in Birkenhead Bus Station and got off at Moreton Cross. As a result of this change, the requirement can be lowered from three to two - expanding the profits.

I suppose the vehicle drop allows one of the vehicles to be used on the 98 thats being introduced .

Another route 16 has also been registered from Harrison drive to Birkenhead bus station the 98 will replace the 47 between moreton and beechwood via bidston then on to noctorum Oxton Gerald rd and Birkenhead on to liverpool
Find all posts by this user
(02/03/2013 09:13)msteens Wrote:  
(01/03/2013 20:05)wirralbus Wrote:  
(01/03/2013 20:01)3111 Wrote:  http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf

To be honest, that's not a massive deal. When I've rode on the service between Saughall Massie and Moreton, there's either been nobody on-board or just one or two who boarded in Birkenhead Bus Station and got off at Moreton Cross. As a result of this change, the requirement can be lowered from three to two - expanding the profits.

I suppose the vehicle drop allows one of the vehicles to be used on the 98 thats being introduced .

Another route 16 has also been registered from Harrison drive to Birkenhead bus station the 98 will replace the 47 between moreton and beechwood via bidston then on to noctorum Oxton Gerald rd and Birkenhead on to liverpool

The 16 will serve bays water rd green lane Wallasey village grove rd sea view rd liscard liscard rd St. Paul's rd seacome ferry wood side Birkenhead bus station charing cross back to Harrison drive
Out of interest, why/how are these route numbers being chosen?

In my experience, it is better to stick to a format used by other operators, so customers see service consistency, and are more likely to at least stop the bus and ask the driver where it goes, rather than seeing a very unusual route number, (e.g. 1A), and letting it past.

The route numbering system on the Wirral, for the most part, is 4xx.

So 401*, 416, 447, 498 would all seem better choices for me, if I was the customer, especially if coming from Liverpool.

Yes I know about the previous 401, so maybe a new number.

The (First) 1 route is an established and known route. It is perhaps confusing that the 1A is a completely different route, rather than just a First 1 journey with a slightly altered route.
Letters should be used for route variations, not for a normal route IMO, in Merseyside, A, serving Airport, C being Industrial Estate, D, Serving Dale St Peaks, X being Express, E being Short Journey, N for Night Bus.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(02/03/2013 12:10)First Class Wrote:  Out of interest, why/how are these route numbers being chosen?

In my experience, it is better to stick to a format used by other operators, so customers see service consistency, and are more likely to at least stop the bus and ask the driver where it goes, rather than seeing a very unusual route number, (e.g. 1A), and letting it past.

So 401*, 416, 447, 498 would all seem better choices for me, if I was the customer, especially if coming from Liverpool.

The (First) 1 route is an established and known route. It is perhaps confusing that the 1A is a completely different route, rather than just a First 1 journey with a slightly altered route.
Letters should be used for route variations, not for a normal route IMO, in Merseyside, A, serving Airport, C being Industrial Estate, D, Serving Dale St Peaks, X being Express, E being Short Journey, N for Night Bus.
Point taken i will consult with the md and maybe take your advise as it does make sense
(02/03/2013 12:16)msteens Wrote:  
(02/03/2013 12:10)First Class Wrote:  Out of interest, why/how are these route numbers being chosen?

Point taken i will consult with the md and maybe take your advise as it does make sense
16 number was chosen because there used to be route 16 through to grove rd from seacombe in the past
Will the 98 have an evening timetable?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/03/2013 13:35)busdude Wrote:  Will the 98 have an evening timetable?

Not to start with unless there is demand for it
(02/03/2013 13:42)msteens Wrote:  
(02/03/2013 13:35)busdude Wrote:  Will the 98 have an evening timetable?

Not to start with unless there is demand for it

Oh right fair enough, cant wait to try this out, can you tell us about the 411 registration?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yes but the 4xx is a purely Arriva thing- I don't see why Impera would want to put a 4 in front of their route numbers. I'd favour route numbers that track Birkenhead/Walllasey routes as much as possible. But whatever isn't it great to see an independent introducing new routes.
The 16 Route is based on an old Wallasey Corporation Route and linking Grove rd Area, Hose side Rd area with Seaview Rd and linking the above with birkenhead. We decided to introduce this service after a number of local residents sent in a petition requesting a new route.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)