Current time: 04/06/2024, 22:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Service Ideas
RE: Service Ideas
(09/09/2013 01:01)wirralbus Wrote:  
(08/09/2013 21:33)KU02 YUH Wrote:  
(08/09/2013 19:59)First Class Wrote:  Got to be said, but a Chester express/direct service like the old X11.
(08/09/2013 20:15)wirralbus Wrote:  When the old service X11 was operating outside of the peak , it never had more than half a dozen passengers , largely because it omitted the New Ferry and Rock Ferry sections of the route .
Personally, I think that an X11 would work now due to the fact that passengers, like myself, must be getting sick of having to sit on a bus for an extra 30 minutes if they're going more-or-less the whole way. (I know that I've certainly been put-off of going to Chester due to the poor bus services that run now from Liverpool.) However, would Merseytravel (etc...) allow such a service to run due to the "QBP" being in place?

Furthermore, what route would it be best taking - peak time and normal time? Also, would a weekend service be worth running?

Probably there could be a peak X11 omitting New Ferry and Rock Ferry and X12 off peak operating via New ferry and Rock Ferry.

I agree there would appear to be a market for some form of express (or at least faster) service between Chester & Liverpool. I commute to Bootle & use the bus on cost grounds so I would use it & I'm aware of a few "regulars" who use the buses on this corridor as part of longer journeys.

An idea I had would be to extend the current X2 from Ellesmere Port. From EP, run through town & over Westminster Bridge. Join the M53 & come off at J5. From there, all stops to Port Sunlight, then use the New Ferry by pass to Birkenhead. I estimate the journey from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool along this route would take 45-50 minutes each way & would require 2 extra vehicles for an hourly service.

Whilst not as fast as the train, such a service would be 10-15 minutes quicker overall than the existing routes 1 & 2 which I would maintain at present frequencies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How about bringing back some of the Old Corpy/MPTE routes on either side of the mersey...any that would work now if brought back?
Missing out the sector between Ellesmere Port and the Motorway at J5 could make the service not viable , due to the fact that beyond the crossroads at Eastham Rake , the route has to share with the 41/2 to Port Sunlight as such , there is such pitfalls because im sure arriva wouldnt do it because of the extra vehicles already used by Stagecoach on the 1/2 and also the fact that Stagecoach operate the 41/2 as well .

For this to work the 41/2 would have to be operated jointly , im not sure stagecoach would allow that though.
I think over the years we have lost some routes that may be profitable now on both sides of the mersey...does anyone agree....what services in wirral and liverpool would you bring back
A bus service to Port Sunlight , it has to be one of the few places on the Wirral that is part of the tourist trail , completely busless .

At one time there had been bus numbers 39 , 42 , 51 , 51c , 52 operated over the time by Red Rider , CMT Buses and Merseybus

Oh and i forgot the C6 operated by Crosville between Ellesmere Port and Liverpool .
I used the X11 a few times in the months leading up to its withdrawal (always a Pulsar), and have to say it was never anything like full. Indeed, I don't think I ever saw a single person who was on board at Birkenhead stay to Chester. Although a few people would probably use a potential all-day X11 service, I very much doubt there would be enough to make it financially lucrative and the overwhelming majority of passengers travelling from Liverpool or Birkenhead to Chester use the train for its much shorter journey time.

One potential market for a semi-fast bus service would be on the 10 corridor, connecting the busiest stops between Liverpool and St Helens and possibly extending to Wigan. The bus journey time from Liverpool to St Helens is more reasonable than Liverpool to Chester and obviously it is a far busier bus corridor. Some extra capacity needs to come from somewhere and a half-hourly X10 would at least help.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Something like how the 320 used to be pre-1995 agreement between MTL and GM Buses would be a good idea although an extended 34/X34 between Liverpool & Manchester with Express status (as per GM's service) would also be a good idea.
As I have mentioned on the odd occasion before, I would like to see a direct link to Liverpool City Centre from Gateacre Village and Lee Park. I think there are two or three feasible options for this.

A 79A would mirror the MTL version to Lee Park Avenue, but extended to start/finish at Belle Vale Centre

Or

There could be a route 73 or 74 which would mirror either the current 86 or 75 to Penny Lane, then mirror the daytime route 174 to Belle Vale.
(12/09/2013 12:49)E208 WBG Wrote:  I think over the years we have lost some routes that may be profitable now on both sides of the mersey...does anyone agree....what services in wirral and liverpool would you bring back

I would like to see the 761 Liverpool - Preston via Ormskirk brought back for one.
I'd like to see the 319 extend to Southport again as there is no direct link between St.Helens and Southport, I remember the much better days when it was in the hands of Stagecoach before a certain company got involved. I must admit though that route had some variety from an E reg Volvo decker to a Stagecoach SPD.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)