Current time: 01/07/2024, 07:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(27/12/2012 22:53)3111 Wrote:  The destination layout for the new 47 on Moreton-bound journeys - as demonstrated on 2526:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/

Do you think that this display may give some idea of the possible route of the 47 ?

I originally forgot about this particular post.
Find all posts by this user
msteens may also not wish to give out the route on the forum due to the criticism whether it has been fair or not his company have received on here.
(04/01/2013 08:38)wirralbus Wrote:  
(27/12/2012 22:53)3111 Wrote:  The destination layout for the new 47 on Moreton-bound journeys - as demonstrated on 2526:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/
Do you think that this display may give some idea of the possible route of the 47 ?

I originally forgot about this particular post.
Enough, for now. The timetable will explain everything when it's published! Maybe "msteens" is busy running his company and too busy to be on this website answering our questions all day every day. Yes, it'd be ideal if he could join us every day, but it's not practical. We don't usually get exclusive information from other companies, so Impera should be no different in this situation.

We seem to forget that Avon Buses aren't exactly better when it comes to publicity... Where's their website? Free Facebook pages seem to do the trick these days. Publicity IS a massive thing that could boost patronage - I can't disagree with that - but if one is going to get shot for it, all of them should be shot.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Well said 3111. As I have said before I don't particularly like the company, but unlike some I won't hold a black mark against them and shoot them for everything they choose to do unlike some on here.
Well said 3111. I know from experience that Mr Steens has been very busy over the past few weeks and like the rest of us he has taken time out to recharge his batteries over the festive Period. Yes publicity is not good but the seems to be the general trend throughout the bus industry and not just at Impera. At least Mr Steens will come onto this forum and keep it's members informed of what is happening. I can tell you this the team at Impera will be working to make the 1A,39 and 47 a success over the coming months. I just wonder if what has gone on over the past few months would evoke the same negative comments if it was HTL or ACE throwing the towel in on contract work. It would be nice to think that instead of being negative that the enthuisiats community in the area would support Impera in their new routes,but alas I don't hold oput much hope for that.
GOOD LUCK IMPERA ON YOUR NEW ROUTES
You make an interesting point there given over the past few months HTL have started and sent contracts back (if I remember correctly) and ACE are giving up the 168 to take on the 130/210/250 contracts when Impera hand them back. On the latter not much as been said as the general feeling is "well if Impera weren't handing them back ACE wouldn't have to take them on", that given surely ACE should not be bidding for contracts all be it emergency ones if they do not have the vehicles to cover both the new and existing contracts.
For God sake. I was not being negative. I JUST ASKED FOR THE BLINKING ROUTE. Stop being so patronising and up your arses.. Telling me what I should think and feel.

Cool Life is for living !
Mate that point is not aimed at you - there are OTHERS on this forum - it is people in general on this thread. I could not give two hoots what you think or feel so why should I waste time telling you?
If Impera had operated the 30 correctly and lawfully, then they would not have attracted the negative attention attributed to them on this forum.

I am happy to give them a break and see how they get on with the 47, but if it is withdrawn or significantly altered within 6 months of starting, I can only conclude they are only interested in short term profit, rather than building up a solid reputation based on innovation and customer service. They, of course, need to generate a profit, but public transport is just like a new brand shop, you have to be prepared to take a loss, confident that in the long run, you will recoup that in new custom.

Regarding the premature termination of the tendered routes, Impera attracted criticism, which I still think is justified, but it importantly revealed the financial inefficiencies and lack of control and/or accountability Merseytravel has over their tendered routes, and the procurement/contract process. Other operators are exploiting Merseytravel weaknesses just as much as Impera did.

I am in dialogue with PTEG and the DfT over other aspects of Merseytravel functions, and the procurement function needs to be reviewed.
I rode on Plaxton Dart 9.3m V164 MVX (2164) on the 39 this afternoon, on the 15:15 journey from New Brighton to West Kirby, and it was full to the doors by Liscard - although I asked a passenger if it was always this busy on the 39 and she reckoned that it wasn't! This bus hasn't been very popular recently as a result of its poor heating, however it was warm today - even with one saloon window open! If anything, it performed fantastically this afternoon - a smooth and nearly-rattle-free ride (unlike its sister, V152 MVX [2152]), albeit quite sluggish off the line, and it sounded nice! I was very pleased to have it on my 130 journey home this evening, too!

I also sampled the 1A this afternoon - 13:54 journey from Birkenhead Bus Station to New Brighton on 2152 - and patronage was low (single-digit numbers throughout the journey). Still, it's early days... Numbers are bound to be low and in "pick-up mode" at the moment due to the end of the Christmas period - figures during that period would have been heavily-influenced by the fact that Christmas was only days to go when the service started. Strangely, 2152 was exchanged at New Brighton for Plaxton Dart 10.1m X511 UAT (2511).

(I asked about the 47 timetable in the travel centre of Birkenhead Bus Station and I was told that it should be in soon - possibly within the next few days.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 43 Guest(s)