Current time: 01/07/2024, 07:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(03/01/2013 20:14)mr t Wrote:  I dont know why people are panicking about it, its still well over 3weeks to go, and theres been xmas and new year breaks, it will be up wen its ready obviously! Nobody actually needs the timetable yet do they as its a brand new service!! So patience!

1) A new service should have generated a lot of publicity and advertising. Probably down to Impera to sort this out. This hasn't happened, and, as a result, this service will almost certainly carry single figure passenger loads for a number of weeks/months until the public actually know about this service, and can rely on it to turn up on time.

2) People plan journeys more than 3 weeks in advance, so it would be beneficial to integrate the timetable into online systems (Traveline, Transport Direct etc), at least. The number of people downloading timetables must have decreased now people are using integrated technology to plan their journeys, (iphone apps etc, journey planners etc).

3) Nothing is stopping Impera from publishing their own timetables/publicity, rather than relying on Merseytravel to do it for them. A website would be a good start. Peoplebus has quite a good site for an Independent.
Find all posts by this user
Panicking! I think not...Are we not allowed to ask for info..I think considering how badly Impera have treated the public recently, namely the 30 and handing back the Liverpool work. Its only fair to ask about the new route. Mr Steens has had plenty of time to explain the route if he chose to. However it seems like he's playing a game..Keeping things close to his chest etc until the last minute. It seems kinda of odd. Impera need to try and build some public confidence again and to stop messing around with routes eg 39 / 39A.

Cool Life is for living !
I am sure in time the 1A will pick up patronage in the early days the 39 started off quietly. As more people get tpo know about the 1A and eventually the 47 when it starts I am sure they will become quiet busy. I myself have driven the 1A and in the week before Xmas there were some fairly good passengers numbers on some of the trips which would suggest to me that people are getting to know about it.
I appauld what Mr Steens has done he has launched one route and is aout to launch another route at a time of economic uncertainty I wish him the best of luck with both routes and I shall look forward to driving on both them in the near future .
From the Liverpool point of view yes Impera are handing the contracts back but we learn from our mistakes and from a driver's point of view I would like to say that it is easy to sit on the sideline and criticise until you have actually done the job and driven the routes then you won't know the sort of hassle we get out there
It's a hobby you are looking at that through a enthusiasts point of view. People in the Wirral won't give two hoots that Impera gave the 130/210/250 contracts, nor will people over this side of the water give two hoots about the 39. Msteens has already said people are more than welcome to go to the depot to pick the timetables up when they are ready.

As for new routes well all companies seem to fail to publicize them, for example I don't know much about the 22/23 service over here other than it goes to Gillmoss P&R and 9 times out of 10 is carrying fresh air. My point is that's a national company, what are independents got to beat? If it is still 3 weeks away then there is plenty of time, I just feel some people here have a black mark next to Impera and no matter what they do they will complain.
Also interesting to see that tonights closure of Rice Lane seen Impera operate their buses via Long Lane and presumably up the East Lancs, with Arriva and Stagecoach both diverting via Orrell Park and Southport Road.
My god! I only asked for some more info! I'd appuald him too if he could just tell us the blinking route!

Whats the point in disclosing the route, only for Arriva to come in and copy the route with something. Its operationally sensitive and commercial information, so the longer they leave the route and any publicity the better. Once the service starts it doesnt take long for people to see the buses then catch on to where it goes. I bet joe blogs in the Wirral doesnt even know about the service , only us on here, and i bet not many people are planning what bus they will catch 3 weeks ahead! Maybe a week, they can just use existing servces until then.
So there we have it.. Politics ahead of customer service.. Another example of the failings of D Reg. Excellent point well made Mr T. So let me get this right. MR steens plays by the rules when he wants too. But when doesn't want too the rules can be broken without punishment...Ie stopping the 30 before his legal requirement of public notice expired...Good luck with the new route. My advice would be that people can't use a service if yhey don't know about it..

(03/01/2013 23:04)CKC 312L Wrote:  I am sure in time the 1A will pick up patronage in the early days the 39 started off quietly. As more people get tpo know about the 1A and eventually the 47 when it starts I am sure they will become quiet busy. I myself have driven the 1A and in the week before Xmas there were some fairly good passengers numbers on some of the trips which would suggest to me that people are getting to know about it.
I appauld what Mr Steens has done he has launched one route and is aout to launch another route at a time of economic uncertainty I wish him the best of luck with both routes and I shall look forward to driving on both them in the near future .
From the Liverpool point of view yes Impera are handing the contracts back but we learn from our mistakes and from a driver's point of view I would like to say that it is easy to sit on the sideline and criticise until you have actually done the job and driven the routes then you won't know the sort of hassle we get out there

i will back him on this one for one reason and one reason only, strawberry of st helens started in bad times doing a lot of none tendered services however sadly it did not work out due to the fact he could not make his mind up what route he wanted the bus to take ect, it would be good if imprea could get these services to work and if they do am sure there would be more to follow after all am sure we are also all sick of the bug 3 dominating everywhere so this would be a positive change and like others have said about the 47 and 39 before it started it was a link that loads of people wanted. this 30 rubbish is getting a bit old now so lets just leave it and see that happens from now on

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fair comment Bolton!

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)