Current time: 24/06/2024, 12:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(22/08/2012 18:34)ace Wrote:  
(21/08/2012 22:03)W179 SCU Wrote:  When the B10M's get withdrawn, what is going to take there place on the 505, 508, 516 etc.

I think that may be where the transferred MAN's come in by the sound of it. Smile

...or maybe not.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/08/2012 20:01)Nicholas Wrote:  The 508 has a PVR of 2

Talking of 508, why is the 508/108 numbered in such a bizarre way? The 508 is simply a holiday/weekend extension to the 108, so the same number should be used throughout.

It is an odd one.
The route used to be Penrith operated 108 Penrith - Glenridding - Patterdale (7 days a week) and Kendal operated 517 Bowness - Windermere - Patterdale - Glenridding (weekends only Easter - Halloween, plus every day over summer holidays), but they were merged together as 508 working straight through Bowness - Pattedale - Glenridding - Penrith. So really, 508 is the best of both routes. It is simpler having 508 as opposed to having 108 connecting with 517. The standard weekday Penrith - Patterdale still being numbered 108, simplifying the difference. The process of merging togther improved the 517 side from 3 return trips per day to 4 return trips per day, still only requiring 1 bus from each depot as per 108 and 517 as independant routes.

Penrith's board on 508 will, as far as I am aware, continue to be B10M. Not 100% sure on Kendal's board, but I would imagine that would be B10M too, until suitable vehicles are found for climbing up Kirkstone Pass. The R-XVM B10M's don't take it well (they're timetabled a break at the top to cool down), but they're better than a MAN ALX300 would be. The old K/M reg B10M's take it no problem. (The 3 speed Voith's in the R reg's might be a smoother ride, but the 4 speed ZF's in the older ones tackle Cumbria's toughest routes a hell of a lot better).
(23/08/2012 01:07)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(22/08/2012 20:01)Nicholas Wrote:  The 508 has a PVR of 2

Talking of 508, why is the 508/108 numbered in such a bizarre way? The 508 is simply a holiday/weekend extension to the 108, so the same number should be used throughout.

It is an odd one.
The route used to be Penrith operated 108 Penrith - Glenridding - Patterdale (7 days a week) and Kendal operated 517 Bowness - Windermere - Patterdale - Glenridding (weekends only Easter - Halloween, plus every day over summer holidays), but they were merged together as 508 working straight through Bowness - Pattedale - Glenridding - Penrith. So really, 508 is the best of both routes. It is simpler having 508 as opposed to having 108 connecting with 517. The standard weekday Penrith - Patterdale still being numbered 108, simplifying the difference. The process of merging togther improved the 517 side from 3 return trips per day to 4 return trips per day, still only requiring 1 bus from each depot as per 108 and 517 as independant routes.

Penrith's board on 508 will, as far as I am aware, continue to be B10M. Not 100% sure on Kendal's board, but I would imagine that would be B10M too, until suitable vehicles are found for climbing up Kirkstone Pass. The R-XVM B10M's don't take it well (they're timetabled a break at the top to cool down), but they're better than a MAN ALX300 would be. The old K/M reg B10M's take it no problem. (The 3 speed Voith's in the R reg's might be a smoother ride, but the 4 speed ZF's in the older ones tackle Cumbria's toughest routes a hell of a lot better).

I travelled on the Penrith-operated run on 7th April when Dart SLF 34715 was used - probably in the absence of a B10M. In spite of picking up nearly a decent load at Glenridding, it handled Kirkstone Pass with ease. Still, don't suppose there is much chance of getting a Dart on a regular basis!
ME Enviro 400s 10025-29/31 arrived back home last night leaving 10014-10024/30 to come. The Enviro 300s 27743-54 are back after the paralympics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
do Stagecoach do any kind of shuttle etc... for the Great North Swim as I am going to watch next year?

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
The last leyland olympian at ME has now been withdrawn from service as the Enviro400s are entering service.

Carlisle Youth Zone dart was on the 685 to Newcastle today!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Latest ME movements;
10024/30 are back from london,
16103 has gone to kendal,
16657 has gone to lillyhall,
18324 went for repaint at Carlisle and is now staying there,
22134/7 that replaced 18375/80 but then replaced by the latter enviro 400s are going to carlisle.

AFAIK 16103 is only on loan to Kendal whilst they in turn are loaning 16645 to Barrow to cover an X35 Trident which failed at Kendal.
Has anything happened to the recently arrived[at Carlisle] ex Manchester MAN's yet? Are any more going there?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)