Current time: 28/09/2024, 23:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Chester Depot
(27/12/2014 20:20)Sminky Wrote:  In the case of York Road the problems existed prior to decriminalisation of parking offences and the responsibility fell to the police who weren't interested. Even after decriminalisation the Section 137 offence of 'Wilful Obstruction of The Highway' doesn't automatically pass to the LA.

I was operating an evening 40 service in Chester many years ago and took a full size Volvo demonstrator saloon out for the shift. In Upton I encountered two vehicles parked opposite each other, blocking my path. After knocking on doors I located both drivers who refused to move as my bus was 'too big' (in comparison to the usual Dart which probably wouldn't have fitted through either), so the police were called. I was disgusted at the attitude of the officer attending who basically agreed with the residents. She did however make one move to allow me through. That's the kind of thing we're up against......

Still got the same problem in Upton today as well as Vicars Cross and Pipers Ash.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)