Current time: 10/06/2024, 18:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(29/09/2013 20:33)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(29/09/2013 19:36)507009 Wrote:  Indeed, and the simple response would be to compare other cities. I've spent the last two weekends in Manchester and sampled a fair few of Stagecoach's Enviro400s there. Let's not beat about the bush: some of these are very vandalised. Even the route 192 hybrids, only a few months old, have all had their windows etched, many badly. By comparison, most of the double deckers at Speke have no window vandalism at all, just a few lighter burns here and there and the odd tag. Manchester's buses have these problems as well, at least as badly. (I'm not putting down Manchester here - it's a great city - just illustrating a point.)

In short, Liverpool's issue is no worse than other cities, yet we keep hearing this 'vandalism' excuse. It's a weak and poor reason for not providing the required capacity, and I can't help thinking that if Gillmoss had the same management as Manchester's Hyde Road and Sharston depots, it would have a majority double deck allocation. Certainly the 10A, 14, 20/21, 82 and 86 and possibly the 17 and 19 as well.

Sadly, vandalism is a marjor problem in this country. Its not just marjor cities and towns that suffer from vandalism. As my user name suggest, I am a self-empolyed courier driver. As such I deliver all over the UK, I often see bus stops in the middle of nowhere (the nearest house being some 10-15 mins walk down some narrow lane), which have been vandalised.

I agree with you, vandalism is pretty much all over the country, most places have their scumbags that just like to ruin things for fun. Not sure how it is fun though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - MPTE1955 - 29/09/2013 20:46

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)