Current time: 02/06/2024, 16:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'Bus back' DfT funding awards
RE: 'Bus back' DfT funding awards
(08/04/2022 12:39)knutstransport Wrote:  I didn't say they should only have a bus network for tourists. I was saying Cornwall got additional bus revenue during the COVID pandemic, while most areas lost revenue.

Under the plans Cornwall will have a £5 all day any operator ticket from next week. Yet in most parts of Cheshire East you'll be paying £11 or more if you're making a return journey that requires both Arriva and D&G. Giving Cornwall funding for this and giving nothing for Cheshire East or Cheshire West isn't levelling up.
Cornwall was charging £11 for a single operator day ticket so using multiple operators would cost even more. Cornwall is a trial test bed to see what successes can come out of it. It doesn't seem so far like there are many successes as I believe a good number of the new routes carry fresh air.

At the end of the day, there will always be a winner and loser. It's one of those things. Cheshire East may win next time around if more funding comes out.

It was down to the local boroughs to convice the government to give them the money. Clearly these councils didn't present a convincing case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Bus back' DfT funding awards - iMarkeh - 08/04/2022 14:59

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)