Current time: 27/06/2024, 15:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport
It is surprising the lack of night buses. When you look at the amount of very high frequency routes in the city. I think part of it is that First don't really want nights commercially. Stagecoach are the only ones who will try nights but then Stagecoach will not go into First areas to do night buses. Plus, the routes in South Manchester which run, do so close to the depots so not a lot of dead milage.

I do think that someone should try the 36, 37 or 38 night buses Combined, these routes run 18 buses per hour between Walkden and Manchester. There must be something in there which is viable.
Rochdale Road between Middleton and Manchester has 15 buses per hour in the day as well. That must be a tiny bit viable. First should really run the 17 straight through. There is only a 4h gap where it doesn't operate. 1 bus, hourly (20 min end to end). For the sake of 4h pay, surely you can make that much in revenue.

Metrolink should run all night. It practically does anyway on the Airport Line. It would take very little effort to make the Airport line 24h. It would mess up maintenance and cleaning schedules but I mean available trams and where they would be at the times they are needed. I think the biggest risk with trams is the amount of people who walk oblivious to their surroundings. Buses can swerve. Trams cant...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester 24 hour Public Transport - iMarkeh - 28/01/2019 14:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)