Current time: 16/06/2024, 12:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
M and H Coaches, Trefnant, Denbigh

The first Streetlite SK18TKE commenced working today on the 1/X1/2 Mold - Ruthin corridor PHOTO 1 PHOTO 2 PHOTO 3
Today (27th June 2018) saw the first day of operation of easyCoach on services 2 (Wrexham to Oswestry) and 2D (Wrexham to Cefn Mawr) both in open completion with Arriva Midlands who also operate these services. Tomorrow (28th) the firm start the 44 Wrexham to Barkers Lane service and Friday (29th) the 42 Wrexham Industrial Estate service.

I observed some of the workings today and report that there were clearly some teething problems for easyCoach as they had great difficulty in keeping to time and an odd journey went missing or was severely late. Traditionally in King Street Bus Station for vehicles journeying towards Ruabon and beyond, they have left from stand 1. However this is always a very busy stand and often traffic is held up when a number of buses are on the stand. Therefore a decision had been made that easyCoach were to use stand 5 which is a little distance away. Today I noticed that Arriva, who appeared to be able to keep to their timetable, had sufficient time to wait on their stand and attract the waiting passengers. Unfortunately as the easyCoach buses were often running late they did not have any time to spend on a stand and therefore they were not able to attract any passengers. The result was that on many occasions the easyCoach buses left King Street with little or no passengers. It was also apparent that in many cases instead of being a few minutes in front of the Arriva vehicles the easyCoach vehicles were playing catch up and were often behind.
This is of course only day 1 and therefore we shall have to see how this situation develops.

Some pictures from today can be found at LINK
I have now added a page on this operator on my website (which can be found in the index)

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 27/06/2018 16:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)