Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyrers Bus and Coach
RE: Tyrers Bus and Coach
The Rail Replacements Tyrers are running are between Manchester Victoria & Moston.

Yesterday on my way to work one of Tyrers MMC400s was seen on said Replacement work heading outbound from Manchester on Oldham Road.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/07/2021 15:42)iMarkeh Wrote:  Looking at todays registration approvals, Tyrers have cancelled 35 school contracts. That's a lot to lose. Does anyone know, have they won others to make up for it?

I was hoping this would happen and the speculation and rumour mill would start lol. All the TfGM school contract workings have been reviewed this year so many old routes are now extinct. Every operator is in the same boat. As a result these have been cancelled and new routes will be registered in their place but the new registrations take longer to process.

It would be very uncommon to deregister and reregister schools again just for holidays. The amount of paperwork involved alone would be obscene plus £60 a pop to register them. Plus timescales would make it unfeasible although it is entirely unnecessary - the TC would have a meltdown!

Something, something, something Dart Side...
(03/08/2021 05:52)M60lad Wrote:  The Rail Replacements Tyrers are running are between Manchester Victoria & Moston.

Yesterday on my way to work one of Tyrers MMC400s was seen on said Replacement work heading outbound from Manchester on Oldham Road.

Also Stalybridge-Guide Bridge and Man Vic-Rochdale at a weekend.

(19/06/2021 16:45)ant17612 Wrote:  New arrival here is ex Tower Transit Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2 BN61MXG.

The full list of ex Tower Transit Geminis is:
BJ11 DSX - painted
BJ11 DTZ
BJ11 DZZ
BJ11 EAO
BJ11 EBL
BN61 MXC
BN61 MXF
BN61 MXG
BN61 MXL
BF62 UYA
BF62 UYB - painted
BF62 UYC
BF62 UYE - painted
BF62 UYG - painted

(21/03/2021 12:28)Transport Couple Wrote:  Does anyone possibly know what the story is with the following vehicles? Tried searching the DVLA website to find out more info but it kept saying vehicle not found. Any help is much appreciated

WLT 752
WLT 753
GSJ 159
GSJ 795
GSJ 797
YSL 699

Thank you for any help and look forward to hearing any replies

They are all ex Lothian Van Hool bodied Volvos. Lothian kept the plates when they sold them and we put TYR plates on.

WLT 752 TYR 7R WA59 EBC Volvo B12B(T)
WLT 753 TYR 8R WA10 ENL Volvo B12B(T)
GSJ 159 TYR 28R WA61 AKU Volvo B13R(T)
GSJ 795 TYR 27R WA61 AKP Volvo B13R(T)
GSJ 797 TYR 14R WA60 DZG Volvo B12B(T)
YSL 699 TYR 2R WA57 JZT Volvo B12B

(06/08/2021 10:41)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  I was hoping this would happen and the speculation and rumour mill would start lol. All the TfGM school contract workings have been reviewed this year so many old routes are now extinct. Every operator is in the same boat. As a result these have been cancelled and new routes will be registered in their place but the new registrations take longer to process.

It would be very uncommon to deregister and reregister schools again just for holidays. The amount of paperwork involved alone would be obscene plus £60 a pop to register them. Plus timescales would make it unfeasible although it is entirely unnecessary - the TC would have a meltdown!

Yep I believe every TFGM school tender ended at end of term with new contracts starting in September.
(06/08/2021 10:41)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  I was hoping this would happen and the speculation and rumour mill would start lol. All the TfGM school contract workings have been reviewed this year so many old routes are now extinct. Every operator is in the same boat. As a result these have been cancelled and new routes will be registered in their place but the new registrations take longer to process.

Fair enough, I didn't know that was the case so thank you for the explanation. It wasn't meant to be any random speculation, just asking if it was known if they would be replaced.

I'll be honest, I didn't click that it was all of the manchester schools, just noticed it was a fair number.
Thanks for the information/reply Andy as for the current Rail Replacements I didn't realise that Tyrers have an evening duty from Manchester-Rochdale until I saw one of the MMC400s going up Broadway last night.
(06/08/2021 10:43)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  The full list of ex Tower Transit Geminis is:
BJ11 DSX - painted
BJ11 DTZ
BJ11 DZZ
BJ11 EAO
BJ11 EBL
BN61 MXC
BN61 MXF
BN61 MXG
BN61 MXL
BF62 UYA
BF62 UYB - painted
BF62 UYC
BF62 UYE - painted
BF62 UYG - painted

Many thanks for clarifying this. Just out of interest are these additions due to new work or replacing stuff like the ex London DB250s (DLAs) ?

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/08/2021 10:43)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  The full list of ex Tower Transit Geminis is:
BJ11 DSX - painted
BJ11 DTZ
BJ11 DZZ

It seems Tower Transit has migrated to Bolton then.
BJ11 DRZ, BJ11 DSE, BJ11 DSU, BJ11 DSY, BJ11 DTF, BJ11 DTV, BJ11 DUU, BJ11 DUV, BJ11 DVF, BJ11 DVL, BJ11 DVM and BJ11 DVP are at Vision Bus.

BJ11 DSO, BJ11 DSV and BJ11 DVH are at Atlantic Travel.

Some "next-door numbers" there but with different operators.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)